“One of the best places I have stayed in Scarborough.”

Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Fountains Court Holistic Health Hotel
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 4 April 2013

A good clean peaceful hotel.
Well priced and Very helpfull staff.
I will be returning to this hotel again.
This hotel is a real gem, the massage I had before leaving left me feeling very relaxed and will be back for another one in the future. The hotel is near enough to the town if you fancy eating out,or the north bay if you want a stroll out.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will be good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank loloicaq
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I spent my second day in Scarborough here, and what a contrast- as far as the cooking and food was concerned, no competition.. I had a lovely reflexology massage and was treated to lunch in a sparkling clean dining room: A fresh homemade soup and tasty mixed salad wrap. I will certainly stay here when I return to Scarborough. I asked to look at the rooms and they were beautifully clean, simple and modern in harmonising simple colours. A very peaceful, balanced atmosphere- immediately felt better on walking in..It's near to the beach and the coastal path walk , so not far to go for a bracing walk as well. Truly a special place to go for healing or for a rest when you feel tired. But also a place to go to feel safe and happy and have a healthy peaceful holiday and good food. What more could you ask for- a massage maybe? Well that too!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helios504202
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days in January and can't sing its praises enough. The hotel itself was warm and inviting with a very welcoming and calming atmosphere. The room I stayed in was very pleasant, each room is named after a precious stone and ours was the emerald room. There were great little touches such as a poem about emeralds and the decor kept in keeping with the theme. All the staff were very helpful and always greeted us with a warm smile which made us feel at home. Although I didn't partake in any of the treatments, I heard nothing but good reviews and intend to return to experience them in the near future. The hotel is located a short walk from the bay and there is a lovely park just down the road. So if your looking for a relaxing break which offers real hospitality and a chance to unwind, then I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Theprimesuspect
Reviewed 26 November 2012

It was my first visit to this hotel. I found it clean and very quiet. Helen and the team were very welcoming and made me feel at home. There were countless treatments available so I opted for the Thai massage and would recommend it to everyone.
The breakfast was was very healthy including different types of cereals. toasts and the option of having scrambled or poached eggs.
The Emerald room was spacious and comfortable. The room was an ensuite room with a clean toilet and shower which was very easy to operate.

Room Tip: The Emerald was a a very quiet room room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ntg n
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Helen runs what seem as though they were two boarding houses side by side in a manner far removed from that ethos. Tranquility envelops you as you walk through the door and whoever is on duty has a genuine smile and a real greeting. Helen's mum even lives in the building and emerges for a chat. The ground floor is dedicated to health and a light spirituality that is never allowed to be overpowering - and to breakfast for which there is ample vegetarian choice including poached eggs. I always cook my mushrooms and tomatoes with garlic at home and asked if Helen did. She doesn't normally but next day that was how I was offered them and delicious they were. I was in Scarborough for two nights of Alan Ayckborn plays and three days of the Jazz Festival so I made sure I booked in for 6 massages including an early one on my day of departure. As I'm almost seventy and have been too sedentary my muscles need freeing up. I was progressed through a gentle start to some hard remedial work by a series of therapists chosen by and including Helen in various coloured rooms. During the day on Monday I wanted to read and write and used the comfortable lounge undisturbed beyond the offer of freshly brewed coffee. My bedroom was named after a gemstone rather than numbered as they all are and was of luxury hotel quality, space, comfort and ambience with an easy to operate and effective shower. The cost of bed, breakfast and a daily massage were less together than I have paid many times for a room alone in an anonymous tenement masquerading as a hotel - overall an ideal destination if you want to be thoroughly spoiled on a limited budget within a short walk of station, park, beach and buses.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good quality and tranquil
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo