“Lovely deli cum tea shop”
Review of The Dairy Shop

The Dairy Shop
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Sidmouth
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Dairy Shop Sidmouth is one of those little gems that every special town has. It has developed over the years from a small deli to a fantastic atmospheric coffee shop/cafe. Providing the best coffee, hot chocolate, pasties and pies to amazing Greek platters. Eat in or take out. Clotted cream by post service. Come in and soak up the atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Friendly service good honest food nice selection in deli. John and the team work hard to make this a unique experience. Try their Sidmouth Gin.

1  Thank Sara H

Reviewed 4 March 2018

New to us to eat and drink-in, but The Dairy Shop has been in Sidmouth under different owners as long as I can remember. This visit we were made very welcome by friendly, seemingly family staff. Well behaved dogs welcome which is nice. Coffee and light bites were very good and service well worthy of a return visit in itself. Opposite the Parish Church in the centre of town would be happy to recomned.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This establishment was very good. Milkshake made with real icecream and Devon pasty for me, Plenty of food with salad and relish. My wife Chicken sandwich which came with large salad and relish to go with her coffee

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We had a wonderful lunch here. Cheese scone with cheddar and chutney followed by a delicious lemon and white chocolate muffin. Washed down with a cup of tea and I had one of the best HOT chocolates ever with grated chocolate on the top and a marshmallow on the side. An unexpected treat as we were in Sidmouth unexpectedly. The staff were really friendly and even offere us a chance to taste their Rhubard Gin with Ginger Ale! Amazing. I wish them all the best in their new venture they deserve to do well so please support them as I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We went in for morning coffee and toast. There was a large, wet Labrador lying on the floor. Everyone was admiring him. Should he have been in a café where people are eating food? I don't think so. We sat down and a group of people came in after us. They were served first. We finally placed our order for coffee and toast. The coffee was brought swiftly but we waited a very long time for the toast. In the end I chased it up. They said that they were busy. Well, if they had served us first, they wouldn't have been. The toast finally arrived by which time our coffees were cold. I was asked how it was when I paid so I told them about the cold coffee. No apology and no attempt to put it right. I then realised that I had been overcharged by 90p. When I queried it, the person behind the till asked me whether I thought it was expensive. That is irrelevant. What is relevant is that I was charged too much. It turned out that one of the staff had charged us extra for the butter when this was clearly included in the price for toast on the menu. We left. We shall never return.

John76hammond, Owner at The Dairy Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thankyou for your comment, we are a dog friendly cafe and as long as they are on the floor and out of the way we are happy to have them in the cafe. Butter is included with our toast and you should not have been charged for this. I can only apologies that you were disappointed with our service but we are a small family run cafe and when we are busy food service times will get longer. I’m am glad that you spotted our error and got a full refund for the overcharging at the time. We always take customer feedback seriously and will endeavor to improve our service times.