“Like a Playground...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Like a Playground...”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Have stayed at several Marriott Hotel's both in the UK and worldwide this was my least favourite so far. The reception staff were not particularly friendly or accommodating, at one point waiting to check out they talked amongst themselves for a few minutes without even acknowledging me.

The rooms were usual Marriott standard however were ruined by the sheer volume of noise from children generally running up and down the corridor, even surprisingly until past 1am. It seemed very much a family hotel with children everywhere. Myself, I prefer Hotels to be places of rest so this was a big downside to the hotel for me (the sheer noise of all the children!).

The Swimming Pool was a decent size as was the gym, however the facilities were swamped by locals rather than hotel members I would have preferred it to be more balanced with people staying at the hotel. The Sauna was the smallest I had been in, the steam room thankfully was slightly larger.

Breakfast was the usual decent array of buffet no complaints there, again lots of screaming children running around the venue....

Perhaps if you have lots of noisy children yourself and want a hotel not too far from Heathrow at a reasonable rate this may appeal. If, like myself, you prefer a quieter venue with more attention to detail from staff I would look at alternative Marriott's, there really are much better out there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We booked this hotel with legoland holidays. Hotel was very clean, service was brilliant. I was impressed with friendly staff and they were very helpful. We used leisure facilities aswel. Sauna, steam room and small pool for kids. Good value for money. Definately recommended.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank j66k
west midlands
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We have used this hotel a few times as it is ideally situated for a 'park and fly' location for Heathrow The price for this is reasonable too. We also enjoy visiting Windsor which is only a ten minute drive away. The facilities at the hotel are good too. The bedrooms are a good size, clean and comfortable. There are also some restaurants within a five minute walk should you wish not to use the hotel restaurant which can be a bit pricey. We will definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosebudWestMidlands
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The perfect restful place after a long flight into Heathrow!

• Stayed March 2012
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was very pleased with a deal I got for £89 for a standard room and two weeks parking. I was even more pleased when I checked in and was offered a free upgrade to a superior room. I’m not sure why they did this, but I can only think that they saw a rather rude customer push past me when I entered the lobby and that they were concerned I may have had a poor initial impression of the place. The upgrade gave me access to the executive lounge and free WiFi. I used the excellent well equipped large gym and small but nice pool with Jacuzzi and steam room. I did not eat here or use the bar because of my late arrival and early flight. The following morning I used the door to door hopper bus to get to the airport terminal.

I found the Marriott to be very well equipped and clean and I also found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful. I would have no hesitation using this place next time I take a flight.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaffUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slough
4.9 km away
4.3 km away
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
3.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Slough

Been to Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK