“Family meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went with my family for a meal. First visit since the referb. It's lovely, staff friendly and very helpful. A great range of meals now but I went for the carvery. It was just as I expected, delicious. My only fault for the meal was that the beef was so tough I couldn't cut thru. it so had to leave most of it. I haven't marked down on this as this isn't what I remember from before. The rest of the carvery couldn't be faulted(esp. the gravy) All the other meals, inc. the veggie options gets a big thumbs up.

Taverners T, Owner at Hare and Hounds pub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

HI Joan B,

I'm glad that yourself and your family enjoyed their time with us. Looking forward in seeing you again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Last minute decision to have lunch at the hare & hounds last Saturday. Shortly after 2pm. Like many not on the list based on past history, however thought it may well have improved. Regrettably not I had the carvary. The chef was surly clearly not interested in the customer or the food he .?. Cooked ,served. The meat was generous and tasty no issue. The veg was cold dry & tasteless. The roast potatoes were anaemic uncooked I could go on but won’t as it still annoys me that food could be so poorly sold ,,,,! My partner cooked to order ham chips & egg a simple meal generally ok. The pub was quiet so no excuse, for the chef / food ,the decor Typical staff polite .
Price if the food was edible and enjoyed would not be a problem however on balance expensive waste and affront to food,,,! Based on that and other reviews one to personally avoid it could be a case of hit and miss but we will give it a miss based on the above. Sorry and disappointing as in theory this could of been a regular haunt ,

Hi Margaret R,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

A visit and it has a good atmosphere so pop in for a great beer and food. Sunday lunch is spot on,roast beef and Yorkshire pud spot on

Taverners T, Owner at Hare and Hounds pub, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi mitchian,

Thanks for the great comment!! Hopefully we will see you soon.

Best Regards,
Lesley

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

After the revamp I had the pleasure to write a glowing report.

What a shame the appalling old days of this place seem to have returned.

Food is tasteless, veg is dry cauliflower was lock blocks of rocks the gravy was like glue with no taste the gammon wow so much salt.

There was 3 of us plus I ordered a take away for our daughter of which after eating our food I took my receipt back and got s refund.

What a shame

Hi Kenny H,

Sorry that you feel this way. Looking forward in seeing you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We visited yesterday for an early dinner. Was informed that the chip and pin machine wasn’t working so as I had no cash on me had to walk to the local shops for cash.
The server on the carvery took several minutes to appear.
The beef was very dry and the Yorkshire puddings inedible, they tasted as though they had been cooked in old oil.
My daughter and her boyfriend ordered off the menu, the carnivorous burger was dry and the hunters chicken had little sauce and was also dry. The sweet potato chips were over cooked.
I have always been a great fan of the Hare and Hounds but don’t think I will be visiting again which is a shame..
I saw little evidence of a refit which I can only assume is the reason all the prices have gone up since my last visit.

Hi Karen E,

If you ever have a problem there is always a manager on duty to tell them if you are experiencing anything during your visit.
Chip and pin Machines are unfortunately out of our control we can't make technology work if it doesn't want too.
Sorry that you had to walk to local shops. But whenever anything like this happens we do place plenty of signs up in all the door ways and till points to make you aware.

Many thanks,