“Birthday Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #19 of 217 Restaurants in Altrincham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

The service was excellent and thank you to Reece for going the extra mile for my partners birthday. They put some banners and a plaque on the table too. I was disappointed with the food. I was expecting, fresh, hot, tasty Sunday lunch. It came with 5 minutes and they clearly had everything plated and ready to go as my Yorkshire pudding was all crispy like a biscuit and the rest of the items Luke warm. The beef was cooked nicely but again it was on the cold side. The others in the party agreed too. And some of us got mash and others didn’t and we had ordered the same thing! A little disappointed with this but would probably go back and give it another try :)

AxeandCleaver, Team Leader at Axe & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review from your recent visit.

We always like to do something a little extra for our guests especially on occasions as we like to make them feel included.
We always get great feedback from our Sunday roasts so I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it on this occasion. We do always encourage our guests to make us aware of any issues so that we can rectify this at the time and ensure you are happy.

I will pass your comments onto our team and I hope this doesn't stop you from coming back to us.

Many thanks

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Would like to say we had a great family meal at the axe & cleaver the staff was very friendly and helpful the food was delicious will be going again very soon

AxeandCleaver, Team Leader at Axe & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hi

Thank you for leaving your great review

It's good to hear you enjoyed your experience and I will pass your comments on to the team.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 March 2018

visited with friends for some dinner.
realy great place nice service and food was good.
good prices and tasted amazing all in all I would go back for a family meal great for children also seemed family friendly.

AxeandCleaver, Team Leader at Axe & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave your great review

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your experience here with us - our team pride themselves on the service and food that we deliver to our guests so I'm glad that you received this. I will pass your comments onto the team.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We were invited to the Axe and Cleaver by our friends whom we used to live very close to over 20 years ago. We still keep in contact and there were 2 other couples making a party of 8. We had a booking for 12 noon and we duly waited outside until the pub opened. We were shown to our table and ordered drinks. We then went on to order Sunday Lunches. I ordered the trio of meats with all the trimmings and whilst I don’t really expect my meats to arrive hot, I do expect the vegetables and roast potatoes to be hot. The vegetables were ok but cold but the meagre potion of stuffing and the roast potatoes were like they were cooked yesterday. You had a job cutting through them. I fully expected everything to be fresh as we were on first sitting. It was so cold outside I could have eaten anything and I did even though it was so bad.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
AxeandCleaver, Team Leader at Axe & Cleaver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback from your recent visit

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us - we always get great feedback and comments especially from our Sundays roasts and always encourage our guests to make us aware of anything that isn't quite right so we can ensure this is rectified at the time and our guests are happy.

I apologise for this and have also sent you a direct message.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We booked in for the second lunch sitting on Christmas Day but there was no waiting area for seating; Two disabled persons just left standing in the corner. Also similar problems with the third sitting.

Once the table was ready the staff were very attentive and service was good. They were very attentive to my 4 year old grandson.

The menu was not very imaginative but given the numbers booked in it prevented them coming up with anything more imaginative.

Hi

Thank you for the taking the time to leave your review

Unfortunately sometimes because of our high demand and the lay out of our restaurant we do struggle with extra seating but we always try to accommodate our guests as best we can. Also the menu choices are out of our control too but all feedback is passed on.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the service received - I will pass this onto the team

Many thanks