Travelodge Bedford
US$ 117
US$ 119
US$ 51
  • Restaurant
Woodland Manor Hotel(Clapham)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
US$ 138
Holiday Inn Express Bedford(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
Priceline
Tennyson House Hotel(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
US$ 78
PremierInn.com
US$ 86
US$ 77
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbreakfast boxtravel lodgecar registrationdisabled bayswall heatertown centrework commitmentsperfect place to staysoap dispenserplenty of free parkingshower traylocal tescoclean hotelearly checkrooms are basicexcellent showergreat nights sleep
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed with wife and two teen sons.
This is basically in the middle of an industrial estate next to a load of office buildings.
Was greeted in the foyer by a large hand written sign 'please remove your muddy boots'
Staff were friendly enough.
Bedroom was very badly ventilated - the bathroom fan did little so the room remained humid the whole stay.
A previous resident was kind enough to leave a dirty ( and I mean dirty!) underpants and socks on the shelves in the room for us.....very kind.

Won't be back thank you!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay with us and we would like to look into this further for you. May we kindly request you contact us with your review via our website so our customer service team can investigate your comments.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

the hotel is good value for money,it is clean and tidy. the staff are very helpful and friendly. the htel is not far from the town centre so you can walk or short drive. the area is very quiet and there is a supermarket close by if you need.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank brendanmcclelland
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Travelodge - Brickhill, Bedford

After spending this year travelling around the bottom half of the country, getting our Daughter through the the long process of joining the Army, we have stayed in a number of Travelodge Hotels. This was to be our penultimate Travelodge of the journey, and had been our very first and last stay at the Bedford hotel. It has been the one we have compared ALL of the other Hotels with, and you won't be disappointed!!

Once again, this Bedford Hotel - with THE NICEST and most HELPFUL Receptionist we have come across IS THE BEST TRAVELODGE - in our experience. Angela always makes you feel like a valued customer and it was a shame that she wasn't working the following morning when we checked out, we would have liked to say our goodbyes and let her know that THIS IS THE BEST T.L Hotel! We made sure that we told the other lady on Reception that Angela is great at her job, who said she would pas the message on, but we obviously won't know if she does or not!

We arrived on the Sunday at just gone 2pm after a long 7hr drive and I was NOT in the best state! My pain levels were through the roof after sitting in the same position throughout and Hubby had to pull over just before we reached the Hotel to get my sugar levels up before I passed out!! Goodness knows what I must have looked like when we finally arrived at Bedford T.L, waddling in with my Walker and Hubby holding me up!! We had parked in one of the 3 disabled bays at the back of the Hotel, which when we stayed last time, was good because we could keep an eye on the car as our room overlooked this part of the car park. This time our room was at the front of the Hotel, facing the busy road.

We recognised Angela from our last stay in March/April and she remembered us too. Once again, she was extremely welcoming with a huge smile on her face, and asked if we needed any local information - something which No other Reception staff have done anywhere else!! She went on to say that we were in a smaller room this time, would it be ok?? As long as the room is big enough for my walker to help get me around, then it's fine. She did say that we only had a shower in our room, but if we wanted a bath, she could change the room for us, no problem. Again, we said it would be fine (unaware oh how small the bathroom & shower actually were!).

We had a little trouble with the lift not coming down at first. We stood there for a little while, kept pressing the button, but nothing was happening. Hubby ended up going up the stairs to see if it was stuck on another floor. He found the door jammed with all the cleaning stuff in it on the next floor, but no cleaner to be found, so came back down again. Just as he was about to go back to Reception to speak to Angela, we heard movement upstairs, so he went back up again. It WAS the cleaner, who then finished putting her bits in the lift and brought the lift down for us.

The carpets were clean enough, and it was nice and cool in the corridors on the way to the room - again, this hotel gets top marks for smelling fresh and for cleanliness! We got to our room, which WAS quite small, but cozy. Due to my health conditions, I can only sleep on my left side, facing out with quick access to the bathroom for when I am sick, which unfortunately is usually the side that is right up close to the wall, so I cannot get my Walker around that side of the bed, but Hubby helped me get to bed! It's a shame that T.L don't rearrange the rooms slightly to leave a little more space down this side of the bed for easy access for any disabled customers. There's enough room for me to use my walker in the actual room, but we didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to get into the toilet very well with it!
The bathroom in 'the small rooms' (we were in room 107) would be fine for an able-bodied person, but we soon realised that it is NO good for a disabled person using a walking aid - especially the tiny shower....which was a horrendous experience for me, and I won't bore you to tears with what happened (but I ended up unable to move - In tears!!)....it was an awful experience - but by NO means was this the hotel's fault! Next time we will know that we can't manage with a small room if it only has a shower cubicle!
We struggled using the toilet too which is literally squashed inbetween the wall and the sink, and is always hard in these hotels to reach the toilet paper, which you have to reach behind yourself for - with arthritis in my spine and a slipped disc, it's always difficult in ALL of the T.L hotels that we have stayed in to reach the toilet paper. This is easily solved (although slightly embarrassing) because with the small bathrooms, with everything so cramped together (squashed up between the wall and the sink with your knees blocking the doorway), there's NO room to be able to shut the door and have room for Hubby to come in and help if I was in trouble because your knees & legs are half way over the door (blocking it!), so I end up having to leave the toilet door open and put the toilet paper on the door handle in front of me. Again, if you are able-bodied, these issues would NOT be an issue for you.

When we checked the room over - we found 1 hair...yes, ONE!!!! This was in the shower tray, but top marks for the Cleaning Staff at Bedford, compared to all the other T.L hotels which have been absolutely DISGUSTING, with hairs, filth and pubic hairs EVERYWHERE - It's as though those cleaners DON'T even go into the bathrooms when they clean!!

There was No soap in the dispenser by the sink, but we bring our own anyway, so that wasn't really an issue for us, and the TV which is on the desk to the left of the bed (rather than infront of the bed) really gave us a terrible crook neck and made our bad backs even worse trying to watch X-Factor (I know, sad aren't we!!), perhaps in these small rooms, the TV could be fixed to the wall facing the bed like in other T.L's, seeing as the bed is where you have to sit to watch the TV.

The bed in this T.L was once again clean and VERY COMFY, and the pillows were clean and comfy too. The carpet was clean, the sides were clean - everywhere was clean, which is such a relief after EVERY stay at the other disgusting T.L hotels!! We knew we could rely on Bedford for a clean room, although the WiFi is such a pain! We always pay the £3.00per night for WiFi, but it is so poor and should really be FREE.

Hubby went down to Reception to get another set of towels - there is one hand towel and 2 bath towels in the bathroom, but when you have hair down to your bottom....you need one towel for the hair and one towel for the body....and another for the Hubby! While He was down at Reception, he also asked for a few more tea bags and milk. You get enough in your room for one cup each, but after an awful 7hr drive, and obviously being very upset from taking my Daughter to her Phase2 Army Training (over a year away this time!), I definitely needed another cuppa directly after the first and Angela was more than happy to get these items for us. Angela did everything she could to make sure we had a lovely stay - which is what ALL of the T.L Receptionists/Managers should be like, instead of making you feel like you being there is actually a burden!!

We shouldn't be petrified of what we are going to find in our rooms, knowing that those in Customer Services don't really care when we write to let them know of the horrors we've experienced. Our last T.L hotel room had an infestation of flies and bugs hanging around the CLOSED window and sill area with lots of fly poop smothered and stained over the top of the window, they were also on the CLOSED corridor window, which the Manager said must be coming from the ceiling space and that he'd have to get the bug people in to sort it! So over the 2 days spent there the flies and bugs came out in force, leaving me awake most of the night wondering how many of them were crawling through the hole in the ceiling around the light fitting - onto our bodies in the night....it was awful!! Unfortunately the customer services decided to insult my intelligence, by stating that 'bugs will ALWAYS be able to get in through open windows, which is obviously out of the hotel's control'!! OMG, I didn't know that bugs could actually get in though an open window and am so grateful She taught me something new. I'd already informed them that the windows were closed when we arrived in the afternoon, and closed the whole of the following day because we were out the whole day, so they had been closed for 2 whole days, yet there was a little army of bugs having a great time in our room over the 2 days!!!

You have none of these worries at the Bedford T.L, plus the area is beautiful too. If you have time, you MUST make a visit to The Embankment - It's so serene. We did this on our last visit, but I could not do anything this time..... 7hrs in the car had messed me up! The Town here is huge with lots of shops and places to eat, so plenty to do in this large Town, Infact you probably won’t have time to see everything! I have written a separate review on The Embankment, so feel free to read it and look at the photos.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EssexTipa
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

We're thankful to you for sharing your positive experience at our Bedford Travelodge. We encourage our hotel to work hard towards providing the best experience possible for our guests, so we are delighted to hear that Angela was able to make your stay more enjoyable.

We have found that our team members make such a difference to our guests experience and we're really proud to learn that Angela made such a wonderful difference to your stay with us at Bedford.

We aim to provide a great stay to our guests and we will continue to do so by making the most of customer feedback. Thank you for your kind comments, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed at this Travelodge for a 1 night stay, it had everything you could want for a clean and comfortable nights sleep.
Tanya was lovely and very welcoming on my arrival and gave me all the information I needed, i do like my coffee and she was more than happy to give me extra milk and coffee.
Hotel was clean and my room was as perfect as you could get I slept very well.
Thank you to all the team would recommend and stay again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend are always happy to use a travelodge, they offer everything you need and for a good price. This particular one was no different, the staff were not the greatest but they often aren't. We was going to twin wood adventures and this was in a perfect place to stay, only a 10 minute drive away. I personally didn't find Bedford the nicest place but if you need to go there then this is perfect... be careful if using a Sat-Nav as the post code takes you to the back of the building with no access, just stick to the main road and you will see the proper entrance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple