All reviews breakfast box travel lodge car registration town centre family room clean hotel early check a great place to stay lady on reception short walk a great nights sleep short stay spacious room easy access excellent stay business trip night's sleep
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Eight of us travelled down from Huddersfield. Unfortunately, we got stuck in horrendous traffic, and didn't arrive until 2am. It was dark, we were all absolutely knackered, and just wanted to get to bed. The receptionist asked if we had a long drive, so obviously was aware we had a car.
I received a Parking Eye Parking Ticket some days later, which is a total SCAM!
I normally stay at Premier Inn- great value and if they say it is free parking IT IS! If not, they make you aware that there is a car park near by.
This hotel states that it is free parking. One of the the other members of the party booked the rooms, so I thoughts nothing of it, after all we are paying customers'. We were all so tired.
After receiving the ticket, I tried to contact the hotel. No email, and a premier rate phone line at 13ppm.....really!
I was told that the tablets were clearly visible on the counter, and signs were there to see. If thats the case, fair point, but you would think that the receptionist would go the extra mile, and make you aware of the procedure. Unless of course Travelodge get a cut of the takings! Silly me!
We are paying guests for goodness sake. It is just common courtesy to give guests free parking. However in this ever increasing greedy world Travelodge just take whatever they can.
I will remember next time...'at the end of the day, when you are all done in, you can always relay on a PREMIER INN'

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank paulConsett
TravelodgeUK, Charlotte from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for submitting your review of our Bedford Travelodge. We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to hear more about your stay. May we kindly request you contact us via our website with your review so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel. Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Perfectly reliable, clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful service and a fair price. One thing to note, there's no bar/restaurant on site, so you need to walk or drive into the town centre.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Riflerangeblues
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Me and my children enjoyed our stay at travelodge. It was very comfortable, clean, tidy and cosy place. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family as myself and my children enjoyed our stay at this place. We would be thinking of staying in travelodge again very soon.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 786julietg
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We use this Travelodge a lot. The staff are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and tidy. The location is ideal for us as it is within easy reach of the town centre and the surrounding villages.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 130staceyw
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We'd booked 2 nights at a B&B, but after a few hours of trying to sleep in the appalling, filthy B&B we'd had enough & by 4am had packed our bags & booked a Travelodge room online. We got there at 11am & the receptionist asked for a fee to get to our room early. We didn't care, we needed rest & when we got to our room, I cried! The bed & pillows were like floating in heaven & the room was spotless. We were so happy & immediately went online to book Travelodge rooms for our next stays away!

Wifi:
We paid extra for wifi in our room, but my Husband could not look on YouTube or play his football games online. I only need wifi ito check my emails, but I don't think they
were coming through either.

Trip advisor review:

Unfortunately I have very serious health issues which mean that I don't get out much. I have severe arthritis throughout my body, with the worse part being my spine and also a condition which causes many symptoms, including passing out suddenly and means that I HAVE to avoid any stress. My Husband has just had to leave his Full Time job to become my Carer as it is evident that my condition is worsening. Naturally, we have never had a proper holiday, so have never even thought about the Travelodge, let alone stayed with them.

My Daughter is going into the Army and we have been lucky enough to have found a lovely B&B in Pirbright throughout her very long application process, but for the next part she is having to go somewhere else, so we booked a different B&B, which is a huge risk! We always have to ensure that the beds are in a relatively good condition because of my spine.

My Son had a 3 day Induction course this week in Bedford for a new job, so Hubby and I decided to book a B&B in the area to stay until we had to collect him 3 days later.

We arrived at the B&B which seemed quite cute at first, but when we got into our room, we soon started to notice lots of issues. Firstly the carpet which was disgusting and full of stains; lights were broken; there were pubic hairs and head hairs in the bed - all over the sheets/pillows and stains on the sheets. There were also pubic hairs all around the toilet and the badly lino'd floor, inside the drawers in the room and in the shower tray; the shower also had lots of red electrical tape around the exposed wires and looked extremely dangerous; the kettle had dirty water and black bits inside it and mould on the spout filter; the toilet seat was cracked as well as the lid hinge and the toilet handle was hanging off the wall. Not only all of that, but the bed had the worst dip in the middle and when we sat on it it made such terrible noises because it's springs were completely GONE! It sounded like we were breaking down huge heavy cardboard as we sat or even moved millimetres on the bed - it should really have been in a skip!
The carpet was so dirty (with the stains all over it) that we had to leave our shoes on all the time.
My Husband kept saying that you get what you pay for, but even for £100 you should get a clean room and clean bedding at least! We went to bed, but there was no way we were going to get any sleep because of the filth, the noise from the busy road - which can't be helped I know, but it should have been mentioned in the advert, and it felt like there were crawlies all over us! We attempted to put blankets into the dip in the bed, but nothing worked! At 4am we gave up and Hubby packed our car up. Unfortunately because of the severe arthritis throughout my body, and especially in my spine, I could hardly move and was in such a state!
We booked a room at a Travelodge for our second day because there was no way we were going to be able to stay at this B&B for another night!

We got to the Travelodge at 10:30am and managed to park in one of their disabled spaces - I think the Travelodge should do sporadic checks on cars that are parked in the very few disabled bays as no-one else had blue badges in their car window that night, which is not really fair for people who are disabled! I was SO grateful for the space because I could feel that my body was beginning to shut down and when we got into the Reception area, we rang the bell to call for someone.
The lady came out and we explained to her what we had just been through at the B&B. He asked her if there was any chance we could get into our room early because I was in such a state with my condition and desperately needed to lay down and rest. The Reception Lady explained that there was a £10 fee for early access to the room, which we didn't mind at all because we were so desperate! She said that she would need to check first to make sure the room had been attended to by the cleaner, which it had.

She explained how to get to our room and and as we were walking through the corridors, we immediately noticed how airy and lovely everywhere smelt; the carpets were bright and obviously very clean; The lift was perfect and when we got to our room, I cried!!
As we approached our room, we acknowledged a lady cleaning the room opposite and my Husband left to get our luggage from the car. The lady was still cleaning the room for some time afterwards, which goes to show how long they spend getting the rooms perfect for us.
We have NEVER stayed in a Travelodge before, so I have nothing to compare it to other than the handful of B&B's for when we've had to take the children to courses/assessments etc.....but this Travelodge room was like being in heaven! The carpets were clean; the surfaces were spotless; the bed was huge, wonderful, clean, SO firm, and the pillows were SO soft! The room smelt lovely and the window was open so it was nicely aired. The bathroom was clean with nothing broken - it was all quite emotional after what we had just been through. Any kind of Stress causes my body to shut down and I can actually pass out for hours, which is what I knew could happen anytime soon; so when we got into our room it was a very emotional experience.
After a cup of tea and some much needed rest, We actually had the conversation of 'shall we stay in the room or go out for some dinner?', it was that nice! The only issue we had with the room was that there was only just enough complimentary milk/tea/coffee for us to have one cup each, but we had brought our own drinks with us, so we only had to ask for some extra milk, which the cleaning lady got for us with no problem.
The only other issue we experienced was the dull coloured 2-ply toilet paper - shock, horror he he he! We had brought our own 3-ply with us, so again no deal breaker, but you may wish to pack your preferred good stuff too.

We do not have a shower at home, only a bath which causes many issues for us, so I was very much looking forward to having a lovely shower, and that's exactly what it was! The shower was easy to use and the towels were lovely and fluffy. The hotel do ask (with a little note on the towel rail) that if you do not use any of the supplied towels, to leave them on the towel rail so they don't waste energy washing clean ones, which is a great idea.

We couldn't wait to get into our clean, comfortable bed and after the events of the day and night before, we slept like babies! We planned to stay in our lovely room for as long as we were allowed, but My Son's course finished earlier than expected, so we were so upset to get the call and have to leave before we had got the full 24hr use of the room! We loved it so much that when we eventually got home, we cancelled our other B&B stays for my Daughter's actual Army intake soon and my Son's next course stay and booked rooms in the nearest Travelodges.

I honestly cannot find anything horrible to say about this Travelodge....oh, actually the survey asked if the outside of the hotel was clean and tidy, but when we left for some dinner on the day we arrived there was some mess on the path, it looked like a child's melted chewy sweet and a man was sitting against the wall, underneath what sounded like a family room on the ground floor. I'm sure he was innocent enough, but I wouldn't have liked a strange man sitting beneath my window if it was my room.

Thank you Travelodge for preventing me losing a whole day and making our stay so wonderful.

Date of stay: April 2017