See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Stayed here on a short business trip to Bedford. This was not my first choice of hotel in Bedford as I normally stay in the Swan but it was fully booked so I booked this. The location is ok as it is within a 5 minute walk from the main town with its choice of restaurants. I did not realise that the restaurant here was so highly rated by Trip Adviser visitors or I would have tried the food but I didn't. I was a little worried when I booked in as the pub is right below and everyone stopped and looked at me when I entered like some old horror film :). Despite it being over a pub I had a very comfortable and quiet night and would definitely stay again and maybe try the restaurant next time.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Ok, we've a vested interest, our son often put in a shift at The Castle over the four years at Bedford Uni so it was quite apt to stay there for the night. Great little room, free wifi, clean and a great breakfast to boot

The Castle is a little haven in the middle of town - nice pub food also

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Excellent value for money, nice decor, comfortable and very clean.
A great base for a night out on the town, near lots of pubs and restaurants, looks like they do a nice roast too!

Some nice touches throughout

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Bedford is a lovely town, and the Castle Inn a lovely place to stay. Our rooms were well-kept and spacious, with a comfortable queen bed and bunk beds in a second room, a shower and tub and fluffy towels. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was confusion about our reservation--we had thought it was for two nights, but they had reserved only one. These are the hazards of an old-fashioned booking system done in a notebook. The good news is that there was a cancellation and we were able to stay. The pub downstairs is attractive and fun, too...but we stayed over a bank holiday weekend and the people were very noisy quite late. All in all a good experience, though, and I imagine the noise would not be a problem other times.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Myself and my family went to this pub on a Sunday evening after a family gathering up the road and we all had a brilliant time.
The staff were so lovely and friendly, we felt like regulars almost straight away.
We didn't stay here, but wished we had after our visit and we definitely will whenever we're staying again.
Would highly recommend this place for a really good night, entertaining staff, lots of banter and brilliant atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family