“Mid week evening meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2017

As always excellent food and service and for buffet night a real bargain at £11.95 a head.
Try the garlic chilli chicken curry!

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Family gathering to celebrate a birthday. We had a great time. The staff were attentive but did not rush us. They engaged with us with our 1 year old and were happy to help.

The meal was very nice and didn't take long to arrive. We all got what we asked for and it was fresh and tasty.

No complaints at all. We will eat here again!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I booked a table for 6 people at 6 pm, before we were settled we were asked what drinks and poppadoms were wanted and from then on everything was rushed. When our main meal arrived the waiter did not know what the meals were and then although an accident dropped my chicken madras on the floor spilling over my granddaughters legs and shoes and over my brother and sons trousers and shoes. Another madras was prepared but the rice was still on the table and cold by the time the second dish arrived.
Although they apologised no compensation or reduction was made to the total bill.
The minute we had finished our meal the plated were whipped away.
The food was OK but not great, in all a rushed meal and a very bad experience. Ending up with a dry cleaning bill. I do not recommend this restaurant if you want a nice slow paced curry.

1  Thank elaine20002017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I visited Lounge India on Monday night and had a very below average experience. I love Indian for the food, of course, so was bitterly disappointed with my choice of Onion Bhaji and Chicken Balti. It was like a child had made it. Seriously poor. Plus, the whole of a rice dish was placed on my plate in one go, which meant I was pushing rice around for my meal - weird. I asked for a coffee at the end of the meal and "We've run out" was the reply. Sorry to say this rates amongst the very worst of Indian restaurants I have visited - and that's a lot....

1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We have visited Lounge India numerous times over many years and have always found the food excellent with many choices from their extensive menu. The staff are friendly and courteous and go out of their way to make your dining experience pleasurable. It is our favourite restaurant when we are in the area.