See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The instructions to pick up the key to my room was mailed the day before I arrived & all went well.
Like a previous reviewer, from outside I thought 'what on earth have I booked?' It's based in a tired rundown area.
Once inside the facility was spotless, for once photographs do justice to what was actually there.
The huge communal kitchen was very well appointed, lovely to make a cuppa when arriving back in the evening.
The bedroom was small but with lots of plug sockets & even 2 USB charging points. Large flatscreen tv with Netflix.
There were bedside lamps (on the wall) & everything smelled new. There was a fan on the floor by the wardrobe.
Ensuite was small but functional, shower great & there was something strange with the light that another reviewer mentioned, it went off a few seconds after you turned it on, but came back on again within about 10-15 seconds.
The green emergency light in the room was unfortunate as it remained on all night.
The only downside with the property was the close vicinity of the music venue/garage party that continued until 2.30am, my room overlooked the door that revellers used to stand outside & talk/shout/smoke.
As a single traveller I felt safe enough once inside but walking there was a little nerve racking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Blanaid O
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This is not a hotel. You share a small flat. The Metro Guest House looks like a regular block of flats from the outside.
Less than 24 hours before travel, I received the instructions on how to check myself in including PIN codes for entering the building and another one to obtain the key to my room.
The flat included a large kitchen with the basics, for three people. Through the kitchen was another door which led to a tiny corridor, where another three doors were to be found. One door led to a communal bathroom, slightly larger than normal for a regular hotel, one door was marked with a '2', and the last door led to my room, '1' was missing. My room was a single room with a very small ensuite bathroom. So far, so good!
Trouble started when during the afternoon of my second day somebody let himself in, who looked like a builder or labourer of some sort. He announced that he was the guest in Room 2.
The following morning, his alarm went off very audibly at 6:30 am. My flatmate got up and very obviously started rumbling through the other bathroom and kitchen, making himself breakfast etc, banging doors in the process. Smells of a stranger's breakfast got me to give up trying to stay in bed!
So, if you are a party of three, this may be just the set-up for you. But for a single traveller, I object to being subjected to this typ of private accomodation.
The next big sticking point - the lighting in my room:
1. On the ceiling near the door was a light fixed, which was permanently on. Green, low, but always on. This meant that my room was never properly dark. This bothered me alot.
2. The light in the bathroom had a loose connection! The light went off and back on in unpredictable intervals. It didn't happen while I was showering, but it did happen more than once while I was busy at the sink or using the toilet.
3. No bedside lights were present. I will share the photo I took to document this.
Just to bring the point home - there is no reception. I did not see any staff during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

What a lovely little place this was. Apon arriving, the location and building itself leaves you to think " oh dear what have we booked" but, what a surprise it was. Beautifully decorated and furnished,and very clean!

We had our own little kitchen fully equipped with cutlery, utensils, fridge freezer, oven,toaster & kettle and even a washing machine. Bedroom had a good sized tv, with Netflix.There was also a fan and ironing board!

The shower was amazing...Consists of 2 shower heads!!

Without a doubt we will be booking here next year, but will stay for longer than 1 night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple