All reviews national holidays young girls serving coach party sea front coach trip loved this hotel third floor meal times sea view lovely hotel would recommend this hotel to anyone lovely room full english twin room tea and coffee night break one night stay
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I came back yesterday from a weekend break with four friends at the sun. Tell the truth l was worried what it was going to be like after reading some of the reviews but l can honestly tell you now is was great we had the mulnafye suite. It was unbelievable, it was like a house inside a hotel very clean modern and lovely and warm, breakfast was great at a fiver. Lovely views of the sea with a balcony. Can't complain about anything it was a great weekend and will be back there again no. Problem. Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: Mulnafye suite
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here won’t recommend again, checked in at 2.45 after the check in time, got room key finally after trying to check in, Room not serviced so had to go out whilst it was done. Empty soap dispensers on the wall?? Why empty. Breakfast was ok position of buffet bit weird as stuck in a corner. Dining room very messy when we arrived. Comfy bed though but room a little dirty. Booked with old credit card which was over a year ago and had expired. Tried to charge it again and it declined. Shouted upstairs your cards declined but uneasy.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

National Holidays should be ashamed that they are sending people to this hovel,very basic food, room not clean,very noisy don't expect to get to sleep until after midnight,--Reception should be renamed -- Deception, you arrive expecting a break and leave like you have just escaped Belsen.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank greavesy93
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Went with kids on coach trip enjoyed myself basic but clean decent food crap nights sleep only complain I have overall a good cheap holiday if you want 5 star book 5 star kids had a good time thanks sun hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

1) When I arrived the wrong rooms where booked, I stated this and the staff where not helpful and blamed it all on booking.com as the property (Sun Hotel) has no control over the rooms booking.com pick. The answer I got from the reception staff was to cancel my booking... not to give me other room or compensate me in anyway. Very poor customer service.
2) I asked about parking and shock... The response I got was someone has just parked there and we don’t know who they are but there is a car park over the road.
3) The rooms we got given where very unclean with hair in the showers stains on the bed it did not look like it had been cleaned at all... again when we complain we got the same answer feel free to cancel.
4) We had to give our car keys to the reception staff for some reason which we found to be unmanned at night time in a lunch box at reception this I think is appalling as the front door to the property in not locked and anybody can walk in and reach over the reception desk.
5) At 1am in the morning the other guests where running up and down the halls shouting and using foul language and none of the staff came to sort the situation out or to tell them to stop however i am not sure if there where any staff members working at all at that time.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Skegness the room are filthy and the staff have no customer service!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family