All reviewsnational holidaysyoung girls servingcoach partysea frontcoach tripthird floorloved this hotelmeal timessea viewlovely hotelwould recommend this hotel to anyonelovely roomfull englishstayed here for one nighttwin roomtea and coffeenight break
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Just returned from a 5 day Holiday with National Holidays, staying at The Sun Hotel. Skegness. would definitely recommend this hotel. the Staff, Food and Entertainment were brilliant, it's a family run hotel in a great place with easy access to all Skegness has to offer, the rooms are in the process of being refurbished but they are clean and good size with clean bedding and towels. one of the best National Hols I and friends have been on. would deffo be going back there again.

Room Tip: very quiet at night, could hear staff preparing breakfast not a problem to us. this hotel does have sea view rooms with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Just got back yesterday from a week with national holiday trip for 5 days, hotel is okay i have read lots bad posts on here but it wasnt too bad, it did have good points such as lovely big space for a twin room we room 15 had double and single bed more like family room, was really nice and clean you could tell they didnt do much to freshen room, like just give us some tea cofee etc, and they never removed dirty towels.. but what can you expect really, the meal times got changed and we wernt made aware so we were down an hour earlyer for the breakfast which wasnt ideal at first and also door got lockes of restaurant so you has to que up which was abit shocking, the dining room is a bit of a squeeze everyone sat so close together and things next to each other like tea cereals the bin the juice the food all abit crammed for my liking you felt like you in way when waiting, good points food waa fantastic everything red hot and good quality which i give ten out ten for, not much choice for tea time set menus can pick own but as a fussy dessert person it was ice cream ice cream all time as no other options from the one dessert, great service off waitress left on her own felt sorry for her but she did a fab job, i really enjoyed our stay and this isnt a negative post i just think few changes would do the world of good. Thanks for a fab week.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend break with National holidays from this filthy hovel. It is more like a hostel than a guest house. I went with my sisters and elderly mum hoping for a lovely stay. The whole place needs pulling down. The rooms where horrendous. The one my sister and I had didn't even have a working shower and when we asked for someone to look at it we were told they didn't know what was wrong with it and quickly left. We were not offered another room or shower facility so had to go down to the floor below where mum and other sister had a room to use theirs and go back upstairs with wet hair. The bathroom only had half a pair of curtains which meant you had to pull it to one side if you needed the toilet and the other side if you wanted a wash. The whole place needed a deep clean and updating. The mealtimes were limited 8 till 9 for breakfast and 5.30 till 6.30 for tea which is far too early hence we ate out a few times as the meals were basic. On the day we were leaving I went to use the toilet in the reception area and there was what looked like blood on the floor when letting one of the staff members know her reply was "one of the others will have to see to it",this just confirms that the management are not concerned about anything except the money.b

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lorrainehleeds26
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Booked and paid for family room with sea view, for myself and disabled mother , got to the hotel to find they had given my room to other party who had come on a coach trip(big booking more money!)
To be offered a dingy room at the back no one would want! Was told i should of received an email which i never did! The lady was so unprofessional she said i shouldnt be dealing with this im the chef, i couldnt beleive they had there chef on reception amd im sure its the same lady who is the cleaner! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE!!!! You had a duty of care and failed, the woman said this is all craigs fault who ever that man is thanks alot NOT!!! Thumbs down!
My poor mother had just come out of operation and finally getting back on her feet what a let down!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I'd booked two rooms for Saturday 21st July. On Wednesday 18th I had an e-mail to say the hotel had to cancel the rooms as they had a leak. I'd had the rooms booked since February. After contacting 14 other hotels I found alternative accommodation . After ringing around a few and telling them about my dilemma they informed me the Sun Hotel are renowned for this. They are working alongside another company who aren't being accurate with the number of guests their sending. Because of this people like me get their room cancelled 3 days before I'm due to go there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends