See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2015

We had a lovely time. The room was clean and warm. Everything worked for us. The hosts were great, they explained immediately when something wasn't working. To be fair, its an old building and things go wrong, but we had a hooley. it was a very clean welcoming base for what we wanted to do. The breakfasts were great and they couldn't do enough for us. We stayed for 3 nights and it was great. If you want luxury pay extra. We wanted warm, dry clean and close to amenities and thats what we got. This place does what it says on the tin, if you want more, pay more. Sure things go wrong with the place, the building is old and huge, but the welcome and helpfulness of these people more then makes up for any little annoying problems, which we didn't have. I would definitely go again but its a B and B so what do you want. Brilliant, good value for money, pleasant helpful people. I've paid more and received a lot less.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you have mobility problems you need to mention this.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
trev111, Owner at Carmelle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thanks for sending the keys back and thanks for the review

Reviewed 11 October 2015

We were very disappointed with our stay at the carmelle...after reading the reviews and the ratings I thought this hotel would be ideal for a one night stay....whoops got it so wrong..the only good thing for us was the location..it was around the area we wanted to be in. On our arrival we were greeted with an unusual comment about ringing the door bell...the owner said " give me chance I needed to pull my trousers up"... Not the sort of comment you expect from the owner. The place in general looks very tired and doesn't smell very welcoming... I am very surprised people keep returning ..I will definitely try somewhere else when we return to Skegness. There must somewhere better .The carmelle is in need of some modernisation.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank Shirley T
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

We only stopped the one night, although we had planned to stop for two, but due to personal circumstances, we left early,

The room was tidy, (room 6) with a shower and wc, the bed was comfortable, with clean bedding, you get your own key , to enter the building, the hosts were very approachable, made you feel welcome,

breakfast was adequately proportioned, and very tasty, and included in the room rates, at £60-00 Per night, but that was for two people

Apart from some very minor decorative changes that you can happily overlook. It was just what you would expect from a family run business,

I would recommend this hotel for couples, families, and single holiday makers, who like to be close to the major amenities of a traditional seaside resort.

Thanks again to the guest house owner for making our short stay a happy one.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed 1 night, lovely place, wonderful owners, fab food. Would recommend to anyone. Very close to everything I.e beach, shops, natureland and just round corner is a bus stop takes you to Ingoldmells.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Lovely room, great service , made me and my partner very welcome, would highly recommend this hotel, short walk from the beach,the location is ideal, it's very homely and the staff are very nice and welcoming, breakfast every morning made items up one request.All in all 5*

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple