Review Highlights
Beautifully presented afternoon tea.

We were treated to an afternoon tea at this local hotel. Its definately a place where ladies meet... read more

Reviewed 29 April 2018
conorb728
Napier, New Zealand
via mobile
Spa day treat

Reviewed 16 October 2017
Paul W
via mobile

All reviews neck and shoulder massage spa team health and safety reasons relaxing spa day treatment rooms delicious afternoon tea negative comments lovely surroundings fifteen minutes bacon reception staff lovely hotel swimming pool full body massage sauna breakfast scrub
Reviewed 14 November 2017

My friend won a spa day for 2 - thanks New Hall. Had a lovely day, in particular all the staff were lovely. Paige was very professional in the dining room, Eisha did my treatments and was lovely, my friend said that Becky from the Spa was lovely too, and Joe from maintenance drove my friend & myself (& my wheelchair) up from the spa to the hotel twice and was very friendly and approachable. Thanks for a great day, please pass our thanks on to the staff.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I went with my sister and Mum for a spa day, masssage and afternoon tea.
The place itself is absolutely beautiful, stunning building and grounds. The spa is small, a small hotel pool with a sauna, steam room & jacuzzi. It wasn’t overly busy so didn’t really matter it was small. The staff were extremely kind and friendly, I dealt with Natasha mostly as we had to cancel and rearrange a couple of times - very professional, friendly and welcoming. I had a full body massage with Elesha who was AMAZING! Fully recommend.
The facilities were clean and in ok condition, lockers available with a key pad lock system - took us ages to figure them out though. Tea, coffee and water is available free of charge during your time in the spa.

We then went over to the hotel part (you have to go back outside) for our afternoon tea!!! WOW. I was super impressed with the afternoon tea - again extremely friendly staff and very attentive. We had Champagne afternoon tea, and they offer a traditional and savoury one, both so delicious. Lots of choice of teas and coffee and soft drinks included.

Overall I highly recommend a visit for the afternoon tea.
The spa is nice, I like the bigger spas personally as they often include more pools and relaxation rooms. But saying that I would definitely go to New Hall again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Booked New Hall as a surprise spa day treat for the wife. Lovely day with good facilities. Treatment was great and very relaxing.

There was a 2 course meal included that was great. Good portions and nice restaurant. The grounds are really pleasant too... staff are all really helpful and willing to accommodate.

Would recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

This was a celebration of a friends special birthday. We were greeted well on arrival. Following the serving of the drinks, it went a downhill. The sandwiches were served on ordinary plates - not well presented. There was an un equal amount of them for two people - the third person had hers served separately - very strange. When we queried the amount of sandwiches and dared to ask for 2 more to make up the shortfall, the rather belligerent waitress all. It stamped her food and said no! We then got told it would be a charge of £4. To cut a long story short, we eventually got the sandwiches, without charge but were made to feel like liars.
No customer service in a hotel of this supposedly good reputation.
To be honest the sandwiches were bland and had the minutest amount of fillings. By the time the sweets arrived we were quite fed up. They too were lacking in flavour save for a couple of items. The scones were warm but rock hard and we were worried about our teeth.
Sorry to say this was a very expensive experience for what we had. We all said we have had better elsewhere.
Spoilt our birthday experiences and we wouldn't return. They need to train their staff too. One of the waitresses was very nice, a Mediterranean lady but the one who dealt with our complaint has put us off returning.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank josie444
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I recently had the 'champagne spa day' here with me friend and thoroughly enjoyed our day out together.

The facilities are a little dated however these are due to be upgraded in the coming days.

The treatments were really good (we both opted for the mini facial and the back. neck and shoulder massage) would definitely recommend.

The weather was nice, so we had the opportunity to top up our tan on the outdoor loungers too.

The food was pleasant and the staff very polite.

Overall we had an enjoyable experience.

Date of experience: September 2017