Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Panto time again ......

As always a wonderful pantomime catered to all ages very relevant to all the trends .... couldn't... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Greenston
Wakefield, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great night

Went to see the pantomime Cinderella.it was brilliant really enjoyed it . And very funny in parts... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
trevlynne104
Wakefield, United Kingdom

All reviews upper circle frank matcham front of house front row london palladium second half tribute band panto cast stage production interval cinderella dame audience matinee play
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Arrive for the Friday matinee of Aladdin told be told Princess Jasmine is unwell (had been since yesterday) so the doors will be opening late and the lady stepping in to her shoes will be using a script. Not great but OK. Then 15 minutes before curtain up they cancel the whole performance. Carnage ensues. Surely in any production there are suitable understudies for leading roles or even a whole cast approach to the show must go on????? Try explaining this to an autistic child you have spent months preparing for a theatre trip....NOT GOOD ENOUGH. You have now lost my trust and consequently my business...POOR POOR POOR....

Date of experience: December 2017
TRWMarketing_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Theatre Royal Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. When it became apparent that Ms Rose was too ill to perform, we did everything we could to ensure the show would go ahead. An understudy, Ms Rosamond, was brought in straight away and we had hoped that we wouldn't need to cancel the show. Unfortunately there simply wasn't enough time to perform all the technical and safety checks that we needed to. This meant that unfortunately we had no alternative but to cancel the Matinee performance. There is availability next week so we can re-book you onto another performance or we can process a full refund. If you haven't done so already this can be arranged by contacting our box office on 01924 211311. Again, we are very sorry that this happened.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

great family day out even more so around panto time HO YEST IT IS easy parking just over road and good access

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great shows not over priced friendly staff in a area of town to hav3 a nice drink before or after the show

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

If visiting the area well worth watching the theatre here. Lovely interior. Regular productions. Reasonably priced. Rarely disappointed by what we see

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My girlfriend & I went to see Giovanni Pernice at this venue last night.
I didn't know who Giovanni was but he turned out to be a decent sort and, apparently, a stalwart of the Strictly Come Dancing TV series, something I strictly miss when it's on TV.
He gave a good show, along with his supporting dancers, and was quite funny and witty, to boot- he won over the crowd as a good pie would win over John Prescott.
As to the venue, well, we didn't have time for the bar as I'd rushed home from work, and Transpennine, who must have heard of my upcoming soujourn, decided to make things interesting by delaying my train- slight snowfall in Paraguay, or something.
Anyway, we got there and took to our (upper circle) seats which provided good leg-room but a slightly blocked view of the stage, as we were right at the end of a row.
The building is really tasteful and, apparently dates back to 1894, albeit I'm told it was refurbished sometime in the not too distant past.
It's a nice place to while away a couple of hours.
The staff are knowlegable and dead friendly.
At the interval you can purchase small tubs of ice cream which are expensive, at £2:50 each (and they are small).
The audience in the upper circle area consisted of women (who were mostly up dancing and, yes, screaming) with the exception of me and two other blokes, all of whom got into the spirit of things by staying awake, and breathing in when our host, Giovanni, took off his top and got his abs out...to be honest, apart from his looks, physique, agility and personality, it has to be said that Giovanni was no different from us three!
Overall, then, a good night in a nice venue, in my humble opinion.

Date of experience: July 2017
TRWMarketing_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Theatre Royal Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. Please come back soon.