All reviews room was clean tea and coffee would stay again short stay flat screen tv
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I've been stopping here a couple of times a month for the last 5 yrs. I've always been happy with the hotel as it's good value for money. Always clean and tidy and pleasant staff.
However I stayed this week and the duvets on the bed really need updating. They are so thin and worn. Alternatively provide wool blankets like you used to do.
Happy to have a basic room at low cost but everyone needs a warm bed. Hope you invest in the basics otherwise you're going to lose your core customers.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex H
Gillian D, General Manager at Campanile Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear guest

thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. I am sorry that you found the room cold. We are currently renewing pillows and duvets. Please request a refurbished room on your next visit and subject to availability we can allocate one of these rooms for you.

I am pleased you found the hotel clean and tidy and the staff pleasant. WE take great pride in customer care and I have shared your comments with my team.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 February 2018

This hotel is very basic, as suggested by the price. Our bed had 2 very different sides to the same mattress- one fairly comfortable, one not at all. The pillows are very thin and there were no extra available. The hairdryer on the wall was broken but another was available from reception. Tea and coffee was provided in the room along with soap and shampoo/shower gel. The electric heater on the wall kept the room really warm and the shower was surprisingly powerful. Better value breakfast is available close by- all you can eat at the Toby Carvery across the main road for £4.49- I would have been disappointed to have paid £8.95 for the cooked breakfast here. Access to the rooms is via a staircase in the accommodation block which is separate from the reception and restaurant. If you require a few more home comforts then this perhaps isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Gillian D, General Manager at Campanile Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback which is very important to us.
I am pleased that generally you found the hotel to be good value for money as a limited service hotel.

We do now have new pillows with two extras placed in every bedroom. WE are also in the process on renewing hairdryers but as you mention have them available at reception on request.

I was sorry to learn that you found the breakfast not to be of value. Our offering for Full English in comprehensive and includes a very wide variety of continental choices and freshly baked croissants, crumpets, chocolate and blueberry muffins and bloomer bread for toast. The English breakfast comprises quality back bacon, Cumberland sausage, egg, sauteed mushrooms, Hash browns and beans. We take pride in our breakfast which are cooked fresh to order. I do believe this offers exceptional value for money.

I am grateful for your feedback and we do hope we may welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Don't stay here on a Saturday night, it's like the Wild West. Loads of kids pre loading for a night on the tiles. Staff must be used to it, they seem to have grouped all the likely suspects together at one end of the block. Still hear them though. This hotel can feel a little unsafe late at night after the staff have gone home.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Gillian D, General Manager at Campanile Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. I am sorry that you experienced disturbance from other guests. We do have security working at weekends and as such any noisy guests should be addressed. I have spoken with our Security team to ensure that this does not re-occur in the future.
We do also operate a high quality CCTV system and the hotel grounds are also well lit. Our guest safety and security and comfort is very important to us.

I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Booked the room.... no problem
Arrived and welcome .... no problem
Paid for the room ... no problem

Oh....”we don’t have a chef, the restaurant is shut”

Not a sandwich or a bowl of soup.
Nice new menu details left in the room.... just to rub my nose in it.

I don’t mind cheap, but you should inform customers if you are not able to offer basic facilities normally associated with a “hotel”

Lovely night to search around for food once I get out of the industrial estate.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank seanmckerrell
Gillian D, General Manager at Campanile Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your feedback which is very important to us.

I am sincerely sorry that food was not available last night. This was an isolated incident and we were only aware of the situation shortly prior to dinner service.

I assure you that food is always available otherwise. We certainly could have offered you a sandwich or similar. I am sorry that this did not happen on this occasion and have raised it with my team at reception so this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Good hotel if you just want a bed for the night! Staff friendly, rooms clean, didn’t have the breakfast but heard it’s good. I would ask for a ground floor as there was a lot of walking to our room. I would stay here again if I was having a night out!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Gillian D, General Manager at Campanile Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your positive feedback which I have shared with my team.

I hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.