All reviews white horse pub next door kitchen area pub restaurant cheap hotel seen better days tea and coffee facilities tired and in need on arrival twin room other hotels bit dated night's sleep busy road overnight stay stayed one night excellent value for money
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Visited for two nights,clean,tidy and very respectable,a bargain too
Decent food next door and very friendly locals and staff
Definitely do it all again very soon..........and at £38 per night with fresh towels,hot water and tea/coffee facilities what’s not to like

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Very good place to stay over night on a long trip as long as you do not stay on a Saturday night. The noise kept us awake until gone 1am with doors banging. The doors have only one way of shutting and that is by banging them shut due to the type of lock and fitting of the doors.
Good clean place with a good idea. You can microwave food and they have a fridge/freezer for your use in the kitchen for guests use.
Stayed with our 2 dogs and they welcome them.

Room tip: Use room 010 or 110 as they are far away from reception.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed here for 1 night whilst visiting a friend in Darlington. Myself, Mum and the dog arrived and we were welcomed by the very friendly staff. Our room was of a great size, 2 double beds in a twin room with plenty of room for a basket for the dog. The room, linen and bathroom were clean. Just what you need for a one night stay. Would definitely stay here again if in the area, excellent value. Just missing a bedside lamp.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kay M
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The Harrogate Lodge is cheap and cheerful meaning the rooms are very dated, basic and in all what you pay for. Normally I would be understanding of this and for every annoyance of the room I could say well it’s only £35 but... the mattresses are like sleeping on a bench and rock solid. The pillows are thin, extremely worn and very very old.
The room was roasting but the very kind staff did provide us with a fan.

In all just pay the extra £10 and get a travel lodge

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Stayed one night, last night when attending a wedding.
Paid half what I could have at other hotels in Darlington so my expectations weren’t high, particularly as I’d stayed there before a couple of years ago and didn’t enjoy the experience. On this occasion however, I was pleasantly surprised. No food available but the White Horse Inn across the car park did have meals-nice cheap breakfast.
Room was basic and the TV didn’t work but that was put sorted right away by the chap on reception. No shower gel but I’d brought my own anyway. Quiet Saturday night’s sleep-something I put a lot of store by. Shower nice and hot and larger room than at many other hotels I’ve stayed in.
Overall I was pleased with my choice of hotels and will stay again.

Date of stay: May 2018