1,590 results
All reviewsmash and barrelprestige caravanlive loungepapa johnscrazy golfevening entertainmentsmall beachspar shopsplash zonefun starsthe main complexentertainment complexharbourside restaurantsun holidayswimming poolclimbing wallfish and chip shop
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived bank holiday Monday, it was very busy and took a while to find somewhere to park to check in. Prestige caravan was a good size with a clean and modern interior, unfortunately it was up a steep flight of steps which wasn't ideal for my 77 year old mother with walking difficulties. Also the allocated space was awkward to manoeuvre into, especially when the space in front of it was being used. You have to park flush against the wall so that cars can get past, which meant getting my mother and youngest child out the car before parallel parking..bit stressful.
There is a mini supermarket which stocks basics as well as gifts. The take away fish and chip shop was nice. The pool is small and operating on a one family in/out, so we had to wait about 45 minutes to get into the pool. You queue in the Mash & Barrel pub, where the pool entrance is, which is a bit bizarre. There are two slides to keep the kids happy. Unfortunately due to a power issue, the pool was closed for most of our stay so we only got to use it once. This put a real dampener on our stay as the main part of going away was to go swimming each day.
The Live Lounge got very busy in the evenings, we arrived towards to end of bingo, about 18:15 and got the last seats. For the size of the park, the entertainment complex needs to be bigger.
We wouldn't visit again, I don't think Haven is the right holiday for us.

1  Thank JEEN_396
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for your review, we are of course disappointed to read that your time with us wasn't what you expected it to be.

Wonderful that you loved the holiday home, our advice on your next time with Haven would be to ensure you pop on a request to be close and flat to the facilities or for us to avoid placing you somewhere with steps, which we can always do for you especially when its regarding ease of access.

We do sincerely apologise for the unforeseen pool closure which was due to an electrical fault which we fixed as soon as we could but do understand that this did impact Guests stay and if you do decide to come back please contact me directly so I can ensure you are looked after in a great location suited to your needs and that you can use the swimming pool throughout your stay.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first time on this park holiday. Sadly I will not be going back again. This place is on a nice location and the caravan was fine but the live lounge, arcades and swimming pool is far too small for the amount of people on site. The toilets in the bar was overflowing with dirty nappies and we left earlier (the night before) because our 3yr old got the sickness bug. We had to queue up for the swimming pool too (25mins) because the changing rooms and pool can only take 90 people. It was one in one out system, not even a band system in place. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Zoe M

Thank you for taking the time to review Rockley. We do note your comments on the facilities as Easter is always a little busy and we do try our best to ensure there is lots going on during the day for you to enjoy with the family in different venues to reduce queuing times. We'll certainly pass your feedback onto the relevant area for review too.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Never been to this part of the world before and chose this park as our base. Glad we did. It's the cleanest, most well maintained and best presented haven we have ever been to. The accommodation is perfect, our only grumble (If you're looking for one) was the lack of toaster and broom that were missing from the caravan. It's a big park on a hillside, so I imagine that people with reduced mobility could have an issue. The food on site is of good quality, and there's something to suit all budgets. For self catering, there's an excellent choice of shops just a short drive/bus trip away. The beach wasn't as big as the photos would have you believe but it was the cleanest I've ever walked on. I would say in peak summer it would get full quite quickly. There is a railway at the side of the park but we were never disturbed by it. Poole quay is an amazing place and this park just blends into the area brilliantly. I have fallen for the charms of this area, this park and it's staff. I cannot wait to come back again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review of your Easter stay here at Rockley Park. Great to hear you've fallen for Poole and Dorset many do! We look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

12 The Birches - Prestige caravan
Booked a 4 day break over the Easter weekend for 4 adults, a 3 year old a 2 year old and an 8 month old.
Travelled from Southampton and arrived on site at 2pm which was perfect as we had booked two Prestige caravans so had the 2pm check in with that grade of caravan. The parking near the arrivals area was not brilliant so lots of cars were parking on yellow lines to be able to collect their keys.
Went into the well signposted arrivals reception area to find it very clean, tidy and well staffed, had a lovely welcome greeting and immediately told which line I had to join. I stood in line for all of about 5 minutes before being seen. I handed over our paperwork and the receptionist went off to get our keys however I was still stood there almost 10 minutes later for her to then return and say unfortunately our accommodation was not available as it wasn’t cleaned yet but here are our entertainment passes and they will call me when we can collect our keys. I asked why this was as we had chosen a higher grade caravan for the 2pm check in but she just said sorry it’s just how it is so I asked what form of compensation they were offering and she said none. I told her I was less than impressed with this and said it wasn’t a very good first impression of the park so she went off again and returned with a drink voucher for our family to use in the Mash & Barrel pub.
We eventually ended up having to park outside the main holiday park near the neighbouring houses and made our way to the pub.
Mash & Barrel was absolutely full to the brim but as it was raining and check in day we figured it would be busy. We eventually found a small table near the children’s soft play area and went to the bar to order drinks.
Whilst stood in the queue I noticed the drink voucher was only valid for a tea, americano or a squash however I went ahead and ordered our drinks which consisted of two glasses of wine, a southern comfort, two large cokes and two fruit shoots then handed the barman the voucher and he took it with no questions.
We stayed in the pub as the children were playing in the soft play area and finally received a phone call at 4pm saying we could now check in.
We went back to reception to collect the keys and made our way to the caravans. We ended up driving up and down the same hill a few times as the signpost for our area was missing so wasn’t easy to find.
We were staying at 12 The Birches and as soon as I opened the door I was greeted by the smell of wet dog in the front room. The rest of the caravan was fine it just seemed to be in that room. I went to the mini market and got some air freshener but no amount of this got rid of the smell over the weekend.
The kitchen bin still had rubbish in it and the seating area had crumbs and bits all over it so think the cleaning of the caravan was a rush job.
Size and layout of the caravan was good and was well equipped.
Car park space outside caravan could have been paved better as it was raining almost all weekend it turned into a mud pit.
We unpacked and made our way up to the main venue to get some dinner.
Mash & Barrel was once again very busy so we went back to the Harbour restaurant only to be told they were taking no more booking even though there were lots of empty tables.
Went back to Mash & Barrel and eventually found a seat for us all, ordered our food which came out relatively quick considering the amount of people in there.
Food was really good and reasonably priced, children’s portions were brilliant.
Once finished we made our way into the arcade which the children loved, it was filled with lots for all ages and watched the staff constantly filling up the machines with prizes.
Went into the lounge bar which was also very very busy so we were unable to find a seat but the children were almost ready for bed so we went back to our caravan.
I set the heating so it would come on before we got up the following day however at 8.30am I received a text message saying we had no gas but they would repair as soon as possible.
We had been to the mini market the night before and got our breakfast stuff for the morning so we could have a fry up but the gas was off till gone 2pm so we were unable to cook breakfast.
We finally gave up and got ready in a very very cold caravan and made our way up to the Mash & Barrel pub so we could have lunch where we were told it was a 45 minute wait for food. We didn’t really have a choice but to eat here so ordered and waited the 45 minutes, once the food arrived it was once again very nice.
We got to the lounge bar a bit earlier that evening but it was still very very busy so we ended up sitting on a few chairs by the fire exit which we did the following night as well.
The children enjoyed all the entertainment that was available and we found through out our stay there was lots to do for the children no matter what their age.
On the Sunday I was drying my hair with the hairdryer provided and it just stopped working which was an added bonus to the already quite disruptive weekend and on top of that we found the TV had no signal when it rained so it was constantly on and off.
The park always looked well maintained and clean with no litter.
All in all we did have a nice weekend and we would consider going back to Rockley Park but would certainly request our caravan was not a pet friendly one and would probably book in term time in the hope it was not as busy as I’m pretty sure it was at maximum capacity when we visited.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Leannemegan
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I was sorry to read that this did not run as smoothly as we would have expected.

Could i ask that you contact the park on 01202 679393 if you have not already so that we can discuss further.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here mon-fri, my first haven holiday and first family caravan holiday.

We rented privately so cannot comment on accommodation.

The park and holiday were excellent. The standards at the park were very high, cleanliness and staff attitude etc. The pool and facilities were great (only negative was the temp in the water and splash zone cooled down in the afternoon).

Activities were enjoyed by my kids even on the two which we had to ourselves!

Food in the mash and barrel was good, papa johns good and the fish and chips were good, and the shop not too overpriced.

The entertainment was great and the entertainment crew deserve praise as they have an awesome amount of energy and are good with the kids.

My kids were gutted to leave, we will return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Rockley P, Guest Relations Manager at Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Its lovely to read your kind comments with regards to our facilities and team, I will make sure that they are shared.

We cant wait to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,