“An Absolute Jem”
Review of The Porthole

The Porthole
Ranked #229 of 351 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 11
Description: 'The Porthole' is a family run tearoom/Café near Poole Quay. We offer a range of teas and coffees, cold drinks, cream teas, and cakes. We also have an increasing lunch option including our always on the menu paninis and bagels, and our changing specials of quiches, pâtés and soups with homemade artisan breads.
Reviewed 2 April 2021

I found this little Jem while heading up to the High St from Poole Quay, What struck me at first was the amazing Chandelier hanging from the celling, Very impressive.
The menu was well presented on a board outside the door so no having to go inside and fluff about under the current conditions. The Menu Has Bagels and Panini and a selection of Cakes and treats it sounded quite basic but Hey ho lets have a go.
The very nice lady came to the door and asked me firstly how I was. well that's a first, Some interaction for a change . The conversation went on and she told me all about the different things she had on the menu including a gluten free offering and other things to be added to the menu in the summer that really do sound fantastic.
After some thought I ordered The One That Got Away Well' What a delight I had when I got to the Quay and found some ware to sit, When I opened up the Box the Bagel was in I was totally shocked at how well this Bagel was presented, to my delight was a beautiful Salad on one side with what I can only say is the testiest Coleslaw I have had and must be made not bought there was even a handful of crisps on the side too. This place is a Must I can not believe the value I got for just under £6.00 Well done to The Porthole I will be back.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Thesecretdiner2
Write a reviewReviews (2)
Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

We were staying opposite in the Antelope hotel and went in here for a snack. Panini's were flavoursome and fresh

Date of visit: December 2020