“Not worth the money”
Review of The Antelope Hotel

The Antelope Hotel
Ranked #40 of 49 Poole B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked by my husband a lovely family couples long weekend,Poole is a lovely place but the hotel we stayed is was not,the only way are rooms were cleaned because we did it ourselves.Breakfast was a joke it took us over an hour on the first morning,staff only answer to our complaints were I'm sorry,which wears a little thin after they're said it ten times.They just stand about occasionally moving bread from one tin to another,we had to ask for juice to be replenished,it was not as though there were a lot of people in the dining room.The second morning they didn't even bother to ask if we wanted breakfast and the 3rd morning nothing better,seen as I paid for bed and breakfast and didn't actually get it.Service was very slow 4 staff that were working all went out on a cigarette break leaving the bar in attended,there attitude was that we should complain to the owners and then they would maybe employ more staff.i have wrote many a review and have never left a negative one.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We ordered our food, but we ended up waiting over an hour to receive it. We was told there was an agency chef on which was causing the delay. We was never approached by staff to advise this we had to ask instead. The only saviour was when we did get our food it was good

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I occupied 3 rooms in this hotel for a weekend. I didn't book it and only looked at the reviews whilst travelling there. I was horrified to see comments such as mouldy rooms and run down decor and I started looking for other accommodation en route, there was none available so I just had to hope for the best. When I got there I was thrilled to find a lovely clean room and bathroom, a beautifully made bed which was extremely comfy with extra pillows in covers available in the wardrobe and good solid furniture, no flatpack rubbish. It was warm with lots of mirrors and a large tv on the wall. The rest of the hotel had a lovely atmosphere. It could do with a lick of paint here and there but I only noticed this because I was really looking for it after reading the reviews. It wasn't immediately obvious. The breakfast was very nice, although we had quite a wait for it on the first morning that was purely down to the restaurant being understaffed and was by no means because of inefficiency. The staff we met were friendly and extremely helpful. Liz the assistant manager and her colleague Karen were stars and great customer service such as this makes me want to return for another visit...but please....get these girls some help....they seemed to be working all the time...day and night?!?! Overall, friendly, relaxed, clean and welcoming, I would recommend and I intend to return myself.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah N
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm afraid I won't stay at this hotel again. The food, particularly the breakfast, was just terrible. And it had two members of staff (doing their very best) seemingly employed to do absolutely everything, hence why we waited an hour for our breakfast, noone at reception; I wouldn't be surprised if they were the chambermaids too! Not good and disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our second visit to this hotel once again friendly staff . Our room and bath room were lovely and clean the bed was so so comfortable and the duvet light and warm.Breakfast was a good selection and the cooked was cooked to order. Only criticism the breakfast room is very dark can,t read the newspaper.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple