All reviewsold english innsfree car parkhigh streetsofa bedfull englishspecial offerlocation is excellentweekend breakwedding receptionfish and chipslovely weekendfamily roomsingle roomvisiting poolebreakfast was excellenttown centreyogurt
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We went for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We ordered our food, but we ended up waiting over an hour to receive it. We was told there was an agency chef on which was causing the delay. We was never approached by staff to advise this we had to ask instead. The only saviour was when we did get our food it was good

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My family and I occupied 3 rooms in this hotel for a weekend. I didn't book it and only looked at the reviews whilst travelling there. I was horrified to see comments such as mouldy rooms and run down decor and I started looking for other accommodation en route, there was none available so I just had to hope for the best. When I got there I was thrilled to find a lovely clean room and bathroom, a beautifully made bed which was extremely comfy with extra pillows in covers available in the wardrobe and good solid furniture, no flatpack rubbish. It was warm with lots of mirrors and a large tv on the wall. The rest of the hotel had a lovely atmosphere. It could do with a lick of paint here and there but I only noticed this because I was really looking for it after reading the reviews. It wasn't immediately obvious. The breakfast was very nice, although we had quite a wait for it on the first morning that was purely down to the restaurant being understaffed and was by no means because of inefficiency. The staff we met were friendly and extremely helpful. Liz the assistant manager and her colleague Karen were stars and great customer service such as this makes me want to return for another visit...but please....get these girls some help....they seemed to be working all the time...day and night?!?! Overall, friendly, relaxed, clean and welcoming, I would recommend and I intend to return myself.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah N
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I'm afraid I won't stay at this hotel again. The food, particularly the breakfast, was just terrible. And it had two members of staff (doing their very best) seemingly employed to do absolutely everything, hence why we waited an hour for our breakfast, noone at reception; I wouldn't be surprised if they were the chambermaids too! Not good and disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Our second visit to this hotel once again friendly staff . Our room and bath room were lovely and clean the bed was so so comfortable and the duvet light and warm.Breakfast was a good selection and the cooked was cooked to order. Only criticism the breakfast room is very dark can,t read the newspaper.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is the letter written to the management , still no reply
My husband and I stayed at The Antelope for one night (17th August 2017). This was a stop-over on our way to a family wedding. On our arrival we were greeted by helpful, friendly staff (Emma being one) who pointed out the parking facilities and then showed us to our room (Room 6)

This was where our disappointment began! After having travelled for three hours I was keen to use the bathroom, only to find that the toilet had not been cleaned after the previous occupants (skid marks in the toilet bowl!!) We reported this to reception who got onto it straight away while we had a complimentary coffee.
After about 20 minutes we were able to occupy our room. The room was tired, in need of decorating and bringing up to date, but at least the toilet was now clean! The door to our room had holes in it that were plugged with tissue paper! The ceiling looked as though it had been patched up (perhaps after a leak?) The shower left a lot to be desired! It was not a room that you would want to spend any amount of time in, so we went out to explore Poole and had a lovely afternoon and evening.

Upon retuning to our room the disappointment continued. Firstly the main light didn’t work so we had to rely upon the bedside lights. Secondly there was an awful smell of drains that emanated from the bathroom in waves. I don’t know what triggered this, but when it emerged it was extremely offensive!

We paid £100 for the privilege of staying in this room!

Upon checking out, we were asked if everything was alright with our stay. I believe in being honest, so highlighted all of the above. It was explained that the inn is a listed building so restrictions are placed on what can be done. While I understand that you have to seek permission for any major works, surely maintaining a reasonable standard for your rooms should be a basic requirement in light of the way that your rooms are advertised?

"The Antelope's rooms are of the highest standard, all having mod cons."

"comfortable bedrooms, making it the perfect place to get a great night’s sleep after a busy day"

I am only glad that we were just spending one night there! I would certainly not stay there again, nor would I recommend it to others. It is a shame because the hotel is well situated and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast too was good. However if you are not prepared to spend the money and get the basics right this totally spoils the experience. I hope that you will take this review on board and that future occupants of room 6 have a more pleasant stay.

Don't go

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple