“Avoid - Worst Takeaway Ever”
Review of Jade Garden

Jade Garden
Ranked #104 of 179 Restaurants in Stevenage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our usual Chinese takeaway in Stevenage was closed so we diverted to the Jade garden, what a mistake to make, £26.00 down the drain. The Duck in the Duck & Pineapple was fatty, with a thick skin that was soft, not att crispy. Additionally I found a foreign body in mine, a piece of what looks like thin metal. The sweet and sour sauce was a thin runny sugary sauce, not in the least like sweet and sour. The chicken balls were overcooked and a dark brown colour so hard they were difficult to cut. The best item was the prawn crackers. I rang the shop to complain but they were not interested, the excuse was the owner speaks so little English he won't understand you. I contacted the local EHO's office this morning and I hope they carry out a visit. As for the Jade Garden, we won''t be going there again.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Got a Chinese and it was the worst ever. Chicken balls were not cooked properly inside and overcooked outside. Chicken in rice and main was undercooked and just tasted odd. Prawn toast was soggy. Called to ask nicely for refund and was told they wouldn't because that I didn't like the food wasn't a good enough reason!! Continued to complain and they agreed refund. They came to collect the food and said I had to show it hadn't been eaten...which I did... I showed them all of it was boxed back up and they deducted £5 from the refund saying it was for the delivery drivers and the boss didnt want to refund it!...I will absolutely never order from them again and you will be crazy if you do or you will end up money down the drain and eating cereal like I am now 2 1/2 hours after I placed the order! Shocking food, shocking service.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

The sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style was inedible. The dish seemed jelly like and not crisp; there was hardly any sweet and sour sauce as was the case last time we had a take away.

The chicken in the special fried rice tasted stale and like it came from a supermarket packet.

The 5 spice prawns had far too much batter and so did the chicken.

The crispy duck was fairly good but the Hoi sin sauce seemed watered down.

Wished we hadn't bothered to get this. A waste of money and calories.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Food is really good. The delivery is fast and the food is hot. The drivers are also nice. Its a good take away.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Have been using this takeaway only restaurant for 10 or 15 years once every two or three months. Has always been the best Chinese takeaway in the town to my knowledge. Lately they seem to have been slightly off their game, I think they may have a new chef, can anyone confirm? Good delivery service, they always seem very busy indeed.