Hotel Cromwell
Holiday Inn Express Stevenage(Stevenage)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
Travelocity
US$ 58
US$ 56
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Stevenage(Stevenage)(Great Value!)
US$ 68
US$ 66
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Stevenage Central Hotel(Stevenage)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
PremierInn.com
US$ 81
Priceline
Gate(Stevenage)
US$ 111
US$ 98
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Stevenage North Hotel(Stevenage)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh streetshin of beefold townbathroom appeared to have beenperfect eveningcar park at the rearvia secret escapesbar tabflat tvchanged handsall in all a good stayattached restaurantwedding receptionno liftwonderful hotelcoffee making facilitiesrefurbished hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this hotel as we were meeting friends for a birthday meal in the old town. Really booked it because of its proximity to the restaurant and parking facilities. We were impressed with the look of the hotel but even more impressed with our room which was a suite and was lovely. The breakfast was good too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Minihexi
Dean T, General Manager at Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your kind review! Always good to read that we have delighted our guests.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to visit us again soon!

Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A fantastic place to hold a party and stay! The buffet, drink and service - marvellous!
The staff were brilliant - the DJ and the music were superb.
The room we stayed in was excellent and breakfast was scrumptious.
It is such a wonderful hotel with a lovely atmosphere and interesting historical background.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MsLouisedL

Hi Louise, thank you for the great review!
Glad you enjoyed the party, and the room you stayed in too!
Hope we can welcome you back to visit again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were a group of 8 people staying for 2 nights. When checking in after a long drive the receptionist was unfriendly and boarder line rude. When we said we were checking in she said to her colleague well I was leaving in 15 mins but not now!
I stay twice a year and did make a comment about the check in staff after my last stay.
The member of staff when we checked out was very friendly and professional

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Winstonrazamataz
Dean T, General Manager at Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Winston, thank you for your review, and I spoke to the receptionist in question. She remembered you well as you all arrived together. She said the atmosphere was jovial and a member of your party asked when she was finishing her shift in a friendly manner, to which she replied she was about to finish but would stay and help check you in, she believed was in keeping with the atmosphere.

I dont like my team to be robotic and most of the feedback I get is positive. I'm sorry that you felt this person was rude to you. It certainly was not meant in that way.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here as a stopover and chose it because it was listed as dog friendly. It was so friendly and accommodating, it surpassed all expectation. The food was fine - good value for money and the service was excellent. The staff in the hotel and restaurant were really friendly and very welcoming to us and our dog! The room was really comfortable. All good and would definitely return. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Michael, thank you for your kind review. Glad to read that the team looked after you and your dog! We have a lot of dog owners in the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as this hotel has some lovely touches to keep looking like a historical building, whilst adding chic touches to bring in a cosmopolitan feel within certain areas.

From reception, to the first bar and the traditional wooden staircase, you can see they've looked after this hotel to keep it within tradition. This coupled with the hallways to the rooms and then the rooms themselves, you have a marvellous experience for either the pleasure or the business traveller.

Rump and Wade Restaurant.

Friendly staff and the seating is great whether you want to sit in a more open and bright area or more darker cosmopolitan area. The menu, has a current choice away from the normal menus you are faced with. I would say take your reading glasses though. The writing is very small! I had rump steak as my main and peppercorn sauce. The steak was perfect, the peppercorn sauce with me light in flavour for my liking, but that's personal. The onion rings looked amazing but so greasy. I squeezed one and left them.

The room.

I had a superior double and it was her spacious, nicely decorated in keeping with The historic look, but chic at the same time. The bathroom has the new (Old look Victorian bathroom time look) which I think was refurbished in 2017. A great show in the bath , with a detachable shower hose withouggtrestriction which if you have kids with you is ideal!

The television.

Nice sized tv, but had awful freeview reception and kept losing signal so turned it off.

Wi-Fi.

This is meant to be throughout the hotel and free, but on the Saturday I stayed you couldn't connect. I found out from a regular this always happens when it's busy. The hotel should look at stronger signals and signal boostersaround the hotel, especially if they want to also attract business users.

Breakfast.

Self service and I'd say around the same standard as a holiday inn breakfast which is good. A good selection for the non cooked breakfast.

Staff.

A very friendly front of house member when I arrived, but not so much when I came down for breakfast on the Sunday morning. She was a more mature lady and I'm not sure if she's always like that, but a couple of guests were a bit shocked at the 'reply without a smile' response they received. At breakfast the only complaint I would say is, was when a member of the restaurant staff said, 'Oh when I bring the coffee that's where my job ends.' A comment which wasn't needed.

All in all a good stay, if the TV would have worked properly, I would have given the hotel a 5 star award.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Ralpheddie

Thank you for your review Ralph. Glad to see the stay you had was a good one. Shame about the TV reception, but this is a little out of my hands, I know we had a couple of issues when we had the snowy weather, but this isn't a recurring issue for us.

I hope we can welcome you back soon, so we can achieve a 5 star review from you!

Kind regards,