“Disappointing menu”

Ranked #19 of 478 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 57
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Within easy walking distance of the town centre, Ipswich's most original restaurant, Mariners 1900, is an antique Dutch customs gunboat, moored along Neptune Quay. You can enjoy wonderful food in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy an evening on the sea front with one of the best value for money in town!
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We have visited many times over the years. But I am afraid thks was probably our last.
They are trying to modernise things. Although the plastic plate mats don't do it for me, we loved the traditional fine dining experience it used to be.
The seasonal set menu is limited in choice. Also the a'la carte is also lacking in choice. There used to be quite a selection of dishes, but we struggled to choose. Nothing stood out that would make you want to order.
The food was as usual tasty and well presented. Very tiny portion of Veg for 2, with only one piece of broccoli to share.
There are a lot of restaurants now in Ipswich to choose from, so things need to be top notch to make me visit again.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank KeithH380

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This restaurant always manages to get it right! Excellent food and wine and competent and attentive staff . A restaurant not to be missed.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner were here for a cream tea and we were both very well impressed with it and the staff are very friendly and helpful as well and it was only £6.95 for the both of us.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank glynn a
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely quirky place in Ipswich if you fancy somewhere a bit different. The food is incredible and they do a great selection of french wines

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Whenever we visit Ipswich Haven Marina we dour very best to get a table at The Mariner's. The welcome is always warm and the menu enticing. I started with chorizo stuffed squid followed by a melt in the mouth bavette. Simply the most delicious beef i have eaten for as long as I can remember. My husband began with razor clams followed by beautifully pink duck. This was washed down by an excellent St Veran wine. The waiting staff were very good indeed in spite of the fact that at a nearby table (just too far away for me to hear what was going on!) they were dealing with two objectionable customers. I'd heartily recommend a visit to this very professionally run establishment.

Date of visit: August 2017