All reviews karaoke machine table tennis hen weekend hot tub separate lounge family celebration games room on arrival eleanor property venue wifi
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Just had my daughters hen weekend at this beautifully converted barn. Fabulous accommodation, perfect weekend. Hot tub, pool table, table tennis even managed a game of rounders!
We will be going back for a reunion next year, plans are being made.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Eleanor D, Owner at Doves Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we love to hear positive feedback from our guests and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Doves Barn, we would love to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We booked this barn for a week away with 4 other couples and their children, 22 of us in total and we were all amazed at the space, facilities and how it suited our needs down to the ground. We stayed Friday to Friday during the April school holidays and were blessed with some very good weather for April, which made it even better with the children able to explore outside and spend some quality time in the hot tub.

The barn is so big that even with 22 of us, you could lose yourself to have time on your own. The kitchen was a lovely big area for us to congregate in and be able to socialise. The facilities were good, including couple of big tv's (not big enough for some of our party especially in the main room lol), pool table, ping pong table, karaoke, garden games, hot tub, bbq etc.... the list goes on.

We spent nearly half the week at the barn where we were never bored. Food and alcohol did help however it was great for the children who could explore without parents worrying where they were. The only issues were the pond, which we had be warned about and the broken fence, which was not mentioned prior.

There is every facility for a self catering holiday with Needham Market and StowMarket only 5 minutes away. We used these towns for shopping, takeaways and even a pub crawl through Needham Market. We visited Aldeburgh beach and Jimmys Farm and on the last day Framlingham Castle, made a little bit more famous by Ed Sheerans latest hit album.

We would all recommend this property because of the above. The owners and staff were very friendly and we would re-book this for future big gatherings.

Some minor niggles however I am not going to mention here, I am going to pass on to the owners so they can improve their information and act.

All in all a great week in a great property with a great number of friends and some great memories made.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Badger0252
Reviewed 24 February 2017

What a fantastic place! Its is a stunning building with clean and comfortable amenities. We were welcomed by the Owner Nev and he was friendly and very helpful. The hot tub is now in a soundproofed shed and is very hot and very clean. The 15 minute walk to the local Neddham Market was enjoyable and had a few interesting antique and charity shops. Those going clubbing had a 20 minute taxi ride to Ipswich, easy to get to. The space within the barn is amazing, it was warm and had additonal games, karaoke machine and poole table/ large connect 4, etc.
I would definitely recommend this venue for family groups or ideally for hen weekends.
Thankyou for making our weekend perfect. Thankyou too for the owners for being so helpful and welcoming.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Omg what can I say.... I cannot recommend Doves Barn highly enough. The perfect place for a Christmas gathering, the barn was made for this as far as I'm concerned. I actually got very emotional as I first came in through the kitchen as it was better than I ever imagined.
The Barn caters for both young and old with excellent facilities, the children entertained themselves which gave all the adults time to relax and unwind.
Will definitely be back again, thank you to Eleanor and Neville for being so accommodating and welcoming, our stay was truly magical.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 15 October 2016

I went there for my birthday and it was luxury I loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they have karaoke and an awesome hot tub , and a bouncy castle . the beds were very comfortable . the surroundings were lovely with a big countryside

Room tip: the four poster bedroom is great
Date of stay: July 2016