1,260 results
All reviews spa break spa facilities garden room hunting lodge housing estate steam room swimming pool the main hotel leisure club cream tea leisure centre a bit tired lovely grounds lick of paint breakfast was buffet style evening meal lovely hotel
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed the night for a spa break last week. From the moment we arrived we had a great time! The staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming as well as very accomodating when it came to booking a taxi to visit Ipswich the next day. We had an afternoon tea in the restaurant which they had ensured was vegetarian as requested prior to our stay and the variety of sandwiches and cakes was good. The room my friend and I shared was spacious, clean and had a terrace where we sat out enjoying the peaceful grounds. We asked for extra towelling robes to be put in the room and they arrived promptly.
The leisure facilities were lovely and, once again, the staff were friendly and helpful. Our treatments ran on time and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
We had originally intended to go into Ipswich for dinner but didn't due to the weather so we ate in the hotel restaurant where the food was good. Daryl, the waiter, was incredibly helpful about what we could do in Ipswich the next day, telling us where we could go shopping and what we could see in the town itself.
We were genuinely treated so well by all the staff at the hotel. It was great to see that the manager was a visible presence around too as it shows that he is keen to ensure that his hotel is running well and he pays attention to detail. I would definitely recommend Belstead to anyone based on the experience we had.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you very much for your review, myself and the team are always pleased when we get very positive feedback. As its an indication of how hard we are trying to meet and if possible exceed our customers expectations. We do hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Although we had some lovely food here and stayed over night. The massage we had was ruined by the work being done above us. The spa facilities were dated and could do with an upgrade. The grounds were lovely to walk in .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry to read that we didn't meet you expectations on this occasion. The work being done was the start of the refurbishments, and I except we should of made our guests aware of that. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant and the Hotel grounds.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I went to the Belstead Brook for a treat for my mother and I, and I could honestly say I never expected the treatment we received. We took on the spa package so to start with I had a treatment and was met by the most friendly, professional and polite lady named Gabby. I never felt so calm and relaxed, Gabby asked all the right questions about the pressure and technique and even gave me advise after as my job is computer based! I would only ever now see Gabby for any treatment as I have never felt so comfortable with someone in quiet an exposing environment. We then went on to have dinner which was absolutely fantastic made up by both food and staff. We were served by Darrell who was absolutely amazing and because this was a birthday treat for my mother he came out with a card and box of chocolates for her which was such a lovely touch! He made sure we had everything we needed and made sure our food was perfect throughout the duration we were there. He's cheery and upbeat personality made this time so enjoyable that I was actually disappointed to not see him for breakfast just too thank him one more time.
Overall my stay was so relaxed and peaceful, the two members of staff are such a credit to the company and I will be returning to see them both very soon!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I will also make sure Gabby and Darrel are made aware of your glowing feedback, and as like me will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We had our wedding at the Belstead and it was amazing. Perfect settting, the staff were brilliant and attended to everything.

Vicki, Angela and their team did a really good job of organising and making everything run smoothly throughout the day, we can't thank them enough.

The food was delicious and the buffet breakfast the next day was spot on. Drinks and pub grub was also reasonably priced and tasty. Jacuzzi / Steam Room and Pool were lovely and much needed after the wedding.

Overall had a perfect wedding at a reasonable price! Highly recommended and will visit again soon.
Thank you!
Mr & Mrs Jay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you very much for your review and I am very pleased you had a great day with us at Belstead. Vicki, Angela and the team all work very hard to ensure that all our Bride and Grooms get everything they need on their very special day. We always feel very privileged when people choose to share their big day with us.
So from myself and all of the team wish you all the best for your new life together and we hope you visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This ‘boutique’ hotel is in a rather rough neighbourhood but the actual hotel is surrounded by gates and apparently has 9 acres of grounds.
I can not fault the hotel however, for my taste, the decor is a bit tacky but everything was decorated within the same theme.
Our twin room had one double bed and a single bed. The hotel was quite during the night however, the door slamming was really loud from 7 am onwards, as breakfast is served between 7-9:30 on weekdays which is a bit early for me.
Regarding breakfast, there’s not much choice however, there was vegan options available which surprised me. The chef made me vegan sausages and the brown bread is also vegan (the white bread is gluten free). I was also given soy milk for my coffee or cereal.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MGM_Muthu_Hotels, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for your generous review we hope to see you again in the future.