1,532 results
All reviews copper bath sail loft marina room the penthouse salt house sister hotel scallops lovely hotel suffolk breakfast in bury st edmunds car park afternoon tea front facing small balcony boutique hotel huge bed breakfast in bed
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I had seen this hotel a few times and really liked it but to be honest I wasn't sure that Ipswich was on my list of must visit places. However, recently I have had a lot of family issues and I needed somewhere to chill out and recharge, so I booked this hotel for a weekend. It was everything I wanted. Warm, comfortable rooms with a large bed, nice shower and Marina views. We could lie in, take a walk, get a coffee, chill in the room just looking out on the Marina. Staff were ever so friendly and accommodating. Bar was quirky but very comfortable. Car park easy and whilst we were greeted valet parking was really not required. If ever you need just to chill out this is the place but not sure Ipswich, or surround, offers enough for a long drive. I saw the reviews about the surrounding area, it is true there is some unfinished buildings etc, but you should be able to see past this. Lots of restaurants, coffee shops and bars to choose from, but none of them too busy even on a Fri or Sat evening. Hotel is definitely recommended

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LynnCowan, Operations Director at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear David

Thank you for your review and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. Hitting the spot is exactly what we aim to do, and our staff are there to make sure you can chill, enjoy the view and just relax. We hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 September 2017

So we found the hotel quite easily with the sat have.....and pulled up outside....whilst we were taking the suitcase from the car....this very nice man took the case and car keys...and we booked in...he then took us to the Room ...which was roomy....and extremely comfortable..... plenty of room......( Excellent bed not too hard or soft..just right. ). The restaurant was excellent, praises to the chef's.....you are doing an excellent job... very skilled......so..it was a very nice couple of days .....the Indian embellishments around the hotel.......I'm not sure about...but hey hoo..... interesting...so.. very nice staff... excellent and first class....nice food.....100%. Nothing to complain about........go and try it out......and it's next to the Yacht Marina...nice views........it's one of the best and lve been around.....read my reviews. !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuart h

Dear Stuart

Thank you so much for your lovely and detailed review. It's always wonderful to hear a guest say that there is nothing to complain about! And to be one of the best hotels you've stayed in is indeed an honour. We hope to see you back at the Salthouse Harbour Hotel soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed at the Salthouse recently for my birthday, had my eye on it for a couple of years as it looked so nice. Was a devil to find the way in, but after going round and round a bit got there. Was given the most beautiful room on the 4th floor facing the marina. The bed was huge, and gorgeous. Little seating area, flat screen to, Juliet balcony and French doors that opened up to a wonderful view of the marina and surrounding area. I hardly wanted to leave the room it was SO NICE!!! Didn't eat in the restaurant except for breakfast which was nice, nothing on the dinner menu appealed. To wake up in the morning and lay in bed with the doors open just gazing down at that view while I had my cuppa was so good. Loved it, absolutely loved it and would recommend to anybody. All the staff we came into contact with were really nice. Unfortunately I would not go again, didn't like Ipswich much and it was a long way we travelled, but I loved my time in the hotel, thankyou

Room Tip: Front facing, the view makes your stay
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duck72

Dear duck72

What a simply lovely review to read and we're so glad you enjoyed the hotel. The rooms really are so nice aren't they? The view, the relaxed atmosphere and the food all combine to make it such a wonderful spot for a stay. Maybe you'd be interested next time in visiting Bury St Edmunds and staying in our sister hotel, The Angel? That way you can explore another bit of Suffolk and enjoy the same high standard.

With very best wishes,

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Booked for my wife's birthday as hard to find a boutique hotel out of London and close enough for a short journey.
Parked up near the front door and helped with our luggage to our room.
Reception was so good it felt like we didn't even check in.
The place was immaculately clean all round and nice to have a coffee cafetière in the room.
Didn't use the two nice big televisions as the views are just amazing to look out and watch the activity of the harbour.
Ate in the restaurant few times and staff always helpful and all good food all rounder.
Few very little niggles was that the Bose sound system was out of date with 32 pin plug, but reception said that they were being replaced.
Think the cocktail list could do with tweek and get a mixologist in as found in other hotels brings the bars to life.
Just one last say just want to say thank you to Racheal for helping find my lost item.
Thank you to all the staff for a lovely stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear dazzer2001

Thank you very much for your review and your lovely comments and we're so glad you loved your stay. It's always good to get feedback and we know that niggles can be annoying so we'll ensure these get passed on appropriately. Hopefully we'll see you again, and this time with no lost items!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We last stayed at the hotel 12 years ago and returned again to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

We arrived early and left the car to venture into town. Having parked the car myself I didn’t realise until checking out they have valet parking - shame as this would of been useful.

The decor is trendy and tasteful both in the room and around the hotel. Coupled with the amazing location and view, the hotel is worlds apart from the normal standard making the additional cost more justifiable.

The surrounding waterfront is great to walk around and has plenty of boutique bars and restaurants. It’s also only a short trek into town.

We didn’t have dinner at the hotel, however did stay for breakfast which was ok and set in the quirky dining area. Breakfast is not included when you book a room and costs £12 each if you want a cooked breakfast (less for continental). It would certainly feel better value if there was an option to include in the booking.

Rooms were clean and neatly presented - they haven’t changed much since our last visit but are still current.

Some gripes with our room (No. 104):

The noise from outside kept us awake most the night. I accept it was a Friday evening but it made sleep very difficult (even with windows closed). To top it off, the hotel’s food delivery arrived first thing by ‘man in van’ with music booming out. Reported on checkout - got an apology, smile, yet no concessions. No sleep guarantee like Premier Inn here I guess!

Pillows on the bed were way too soft for our liking - the option of a firmer pillow would have been appreciated. Mattresses were comfy.

Finally, we stated on our booking it was our 9 year anniversary and this was completely missed by the hotel. Not that we were expecting anything as such, but just some acknowledgement would have been nice. Let down here.

We enjoyed the stay but not rushing to get back, specifically due to street noise. Perhaps a different choice of room next time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob

Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding to your review. Thank you for taking the time to write and we’re glad that you feel that the hotel is world’s apart from others in the area! We do aim to offer guests a wonderful visit and it sounds like this time, the outside world’s noise meant that this didn’t happen for you. We’re sorry too that we missed your anniversary note. Please can you get in touch with our General Manager Diogo and we’d like to have a chat about a future stay.

With best wishes,