All reviewspool tablefree moviesbar areawet roomtrain stationlimited parkingthe hotel receptionfootball groundbusiness stayper nightthe hotel car parktown centreenjoyed my stayroom ratewalk in showercomfy bedsaturday night
Reviewed 5 August 2018

This was a business trip. Check in was smooth, room fine, very comfortable. Downstairs had a fairly dark quirky feel, slightly unsettling after a day at work! Having said that the breakfast was very good and check out was fast. I didn't eat in the restaurant as it looked ridiculously expensive for what it was. Walked down the road to the station hotel for steak chips and salad for £12.95, washed down by some rather good ale. Got back to the Penta around 2030 and sat in the very pleasant area on the riverside at the back. The price of the pint, though, reminded me why I hadn't spent the whole evening there....!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
operationsipswich, Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Weloveskye,

Thank you for taking the time to review our pentahotel Ipswich, we're always pleased to receive feedback from our guests.

Our team here works hard to provide great customer service to all of our guests and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stayed over the weekend and have to say we had a great time. The staff were all extremely friendly and vibrant, accommodation was clean and comfortable. There was a really nice relaxed vibe throughout and breakfast was excellent.

Also really enjoyed the 3pm check on Sunday.

But big thanks to the staff who are all doing an excellent job in making guests feel welcome.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina O

Dear Katrina O,

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Ipswich is working very hard towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We like the position of the hotel. It is close to the train station and 10-15 minutes walk to the city centre or to the quay. We had two rooms (double and twin). Both were nice, clean. Beds were comfortable and we had a good night rest. Breakfast is tasty with many options. We really enjoyed it! Such a great start of the day!
Unfortunately we had few issues as well. At arrival, they couldn't find our reservation. Which wasn't that bad, it happens. BUT when they sorted out and after we paid, they didn't give any invoice to us even a slip from the CC machine. We didn't mind. But on the last day of our staying, they caught us during breakfast and said, that we didn't pay???? And unfortunately we didn't have any prove... Fortunately they let us leave without any extra payment. So the lesson is: keep every single invoice until the end of your holiday, maybe longer :D
So our message to the staff: just be more organized and act politely while solving inconveniences please.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear 216ina153,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at the pentahotel Ipswich.

I am sorry to read that you only had a good experience and not a fantastic experience. I have taken on board your comments and will certainly discuss this with all of my team.

I hope on your next visit we are able to deliver exceptional service to you.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Great hotel in an ideal location near the river and train station in Ipswich. The rooms are thoughtfully decorated with a great mix of industrial style and home comforts. I was very surprised at the bar, having stayed in many hotels for work I have yet to find a more unique and inviting bar space. The restaurant was fantastic, food was high quality with inspiration taken from USA cuisine.

Only complaint is that I felt the staff behind the desk could be a tad pretentious. Also the prices of food and drink were too high for this city. Its not London but you pay as if it is.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Sam,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.

If we can tempt you back to stay with us again I am sure that we can prove to you that we are capable of better.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Young, helpful, staff who really make you feel welcome. Had evening meal and breakfast both of which were excellent. Lovely accommodation and very welcome air conditioning during heatwave. The gym and other amenities are free. The lounge is very comfortable and the bar doubles as the reception. A good tip: the car park is very small and you need to be there early in order to get a space. However, there is an NCP car park about 5 minutes away. After a day's shopping got a cab back from the town centre which cost £5.20. If I had wanted to walk back it would have taken approx 15 mins. Had a great time and will definitely revisit.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Bubala11,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Ipswich.