All reviewslocal produceb and bfriendly proprietoroverlooked the gardenvisiting ipswichturkish restaurantplenty of parkinglittle extrasbeds were comfortablequiet at nightdouble rooma great staynice roomnight staygood sizetown centremartin
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Lattice Lodge was ideal, provided everything we required, very welcoming, spotlessly clean, space to sit and work, couldn't have asked for more, we would thoroughly recommend this Guest House to anyone. Plenty of information available and to hand and the proprietor Martin is attentive, helpful but never intrusive.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks for the lovely review!

Sorry that BT cut off our broadband for 36 hours during your stay - it came back at lunchtime on the day you departed.

Similarly, I very much enjoyed the show at the New Wolsey Theatre!

See you again soon.

Martin

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Had travelled by motorbike from Droitwich to the East Coast (very long day and numb bums), thought it would be easy to find somewhere on-spec to stay in a coastal town. How wrong we were! Went to Thorpeness first and everywhere was a holiday let and not a B and B, then went to Aldeburgh, again, couldn't find a B and B anywhere. It was just starting to rain and I was giving up hope and fed up. My phone's battery had just died, and I was reliant on hubby coming up with somewhere for us to stay. He scoured booking.com and found this place, just as he was trying to reserve the room it was taken by another customer! Just our luck. Hubby rang Lattice Lodge and spoke to Martin the owner, but lost signal! Was so relieved when Martin rang him back and said that he had a double room available. We arrived out of hours, but had arranged with Martin how to access the place etc. Room was lovely. Clean, comfy bed, tea, coffee, biscuits, mini-bar etc. Just what we needed after a long journey. On recommendation from Martin we went to the Turkish restaurant opposite, again, just what we needed. Had a good, comfortable night's sleep, a lovely shower and then a fantastic home-cooked, local produce breakfast. Everything was sourced locally, which was a nice touch. Food was good and plentiful and set us up for the day. Thank you Martin for coming to our rescue! Would definitely recommend this place. Lots of parking, easy to find and a good position.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thanks for the lovely review - I'm blushing!

I'm delighted to have helped rescue a potentially bad trip. I'm also really pleased that you enjoyed your meal at Ottoman - I've never had anything but lovely food there myself.

We hope to see you again soon.

Martin

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My father and I just stayed at the Latice Lodge in Ipswich and I was very pleasantly surprised at a what a great place this was to stay at. This is one of the times when Trip Advisor reviews can come in really handy. I am very picky about the hotels I stay at and generally stay at pretty nice places. I have nothing but the best things to say about this place. The check in process was easy and quick (as was the check out process). The rooms were immaculately clean, the beds were comfortable and both the bedrooms and the bathrooms were a good size. The owner Martin and the folks who work with him are friendly and nice. We had one issue with the WiFi and Martin was got it resolved instantaneously. Breakfast was included in our package and the food was excellent and the dining room comfortable. I would unhesitatingly recommend this place to anyone visiting Ipswich and would be more than happy to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Thanks for the great review.

Sorry for the initial problem with the WiFi. As you'll appreciate, a building built as a doctors surgery and residence in 1908 is quite characterful, but not exactly ideal when it comes to spreading WiFi into the furthest reaches. We've pretty much solved this with the use of repeaters and the like but, just as your home internet gear requires rebooting occasionally, so does ours. All we need is the nod from a guest that there's a problem, and we're straight onto it.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Martin and the team.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely two days there very friendly proprietor who loves to tell you and show you his house. Feather duvets and feather pillows were the biggest hit in our opinion. The only downer was that the internet tells you have strong connection, the trouble is that you cannot get it to transpire on your tablet or phone. We couldnt download or receive anything and we were not alone.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the 5 star review.

We're sorry that you had some trouble with the internet during your stay. As Lattice Lodge is really just a large house, not a purpose built hotel, we do rely on powerline plugs and repeaters to reach all of the nooks and crannies in the house. As with your technology gear at home, it occasionally throws a wobbly and stops working - usually a reboot fixes the problem when we're informed of it.

I will however find the time next week to rebuild the wireless network from scratch next week, which will hopefully minimise any interruptions, or possibly identify a faulty device.

Notwithstanding that, we're glad you appreciated our lovely feather pillows and duvets!

Martin and the team.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Friendly, helpful, organised, clear thinking, lots of Green issues addressed, lovely Egyptian cotton bed linen, calm and quiet bedroom, comfortable lounge areas, substantial choice of breakfast fare, private car parking for all rooms, easy walking access for local pubs & restaurants. Two miles walk to Ipswich Football Club if that's a concern, no interest to me at all so nothing to give reduced marks for. :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to track us down on the internet and leave such a lovely review!

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Martin and the team