All reviews local produce b and b turkish restaurant plenty of parking little extras double room breakfast room nice room comfy bed night stay town centre martin accommodation sourcing sidegate conservatory pub
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Two rooms, a double and a single, for 3 nights. Great experience for all of us, superb breakfasts, quiet clean comfortable rooms, plenty of hot water for the shower. Charming settings indoors and out. Both rooms were on the main floor facing a lovely outside sitting area/garden. Very accommodating and helpful owner Martin. Costs for rooms were very reasonable in our judgement. Parking on the property was good, grocery market across the street. Day tripping to the north and east from the B&B was convenient, but when driving west recommend heading north for a bit to get around downtown Ipswich. All in all, a great choice for us! Plus we got to meet Missy the cat.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LatticeLodge, Owner at Lattice Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Thanks for the lovely review!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again before too long.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

Very pleasant, well appointed, spotlessly clean and helpful, friendly proprietor. Located on bus route and easily accessible to facilities. Impressive environmental credentials that more accommodation should imitate. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for the lovely review.

We do try very hard on the environmental front, so thanks for noticing and appreciating it.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Have just returned from a weekend stay in this lovely guest house which we booked exclusively for a large group.

The house is huge and the bedrooms are well appointed. All have en suite facilities however, the shower lacked piwer, but thats the only thing I could fault.

There is a bank and a sainsburys local within one minutes walk and its not too far to get into Ipswich itself.

All in all, a great weekend in a nice location.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for the lovely review. That's the second mention of a poorly performing shower that I've seen on a review - please could you contact me and let me know which room you were in?

Notwithstanding that, we're delighted that you enjoyed your weekend - do come back again - there's always plenty to do in and around Ipswich!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The property is amazing! The website and pictures really do not do this property justice!

It's absolutely huge, so fantastic if you are a private party.

Really fantastic, all my 17 hens said they would come back in a heart beat if in Ipswich or surrounding areas.

100% recommend this property as it was immaculately clean, and the beds are very comfy. Martin the owner is a great guy so imagine the staff are very friendly!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JayLHair

Thanks for the great review.

For the benefit of those who may not realise, although we're primarily a B&B, you can also the whole house on a self catering basis for your exclusive use.

We've hosted a few hen parties now, and they've all had a great time. Of course, having all ensuite rooms probably helps a little when getting ready to go out.

I can't claim responsibility for the cleanliness - that's my amazing team!

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I chose this venue as I needed to be in this part of Ipswich for work. A very enjoyable but brief stay. The welcome was warm (making the call to gain access to the house during the early evening) and helpful. The room was fine and surprisingly quiet - as the house is set back off the road junction. Breakfast was freshly cooked and Martin even prepared my porridge. Much appreciated. I would certainly recommend this as a nice place to stay if you are exploring Ipswich.

Room tip: My room was on the front, but quiet. I would expect that the ground-floor rooms may be a little noisier.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the lovely review.

I'm glad you found the self check-in process easy enough - without that I'd very rarely be able to leave the house!

Re the quietness, there are no paper thin walls here, all solid!

We hope to see you again soon.