Chatsworth House Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
St. George's Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsswimming poolnational holidayssea viewcoach partiessea frontcaledonian travelevening entertainmentcoach holidaybit datedbar pricesweekend breakfriendly hotelnight staymy mumfull englishenjoyable staylovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Having visited regularly over the last 25 years how sad that the management has let it slip so far. Having had an appalling meal and witnessed the waiters' squabbles between themselves while ignoring some guests and chatting up others we recalled how wonderful The Chatsworth HAD been. The evening meal was overcooked grey cabbage overwarmed potatoes and some sort of meat. When we complained the manager merely said "it was alright when I was in" Waht an arrogabt little man! Thankfully we can now spend our money elsewhere (We paid full price, not the coach party deal...even worse.
Until there's a management and chef change avoid this place at all costs

Room Tip: Don't...chosse another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 12 February 2012

just spent weekend here, building having extensive re-furbishment done, needs it!! should look nice when finished, food was very nice, attentive staff overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank merseyscouse
PJones-chatsworth, Front Office Manager at Chatsworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comments, and we are very happy that you had a great stay with us and that you took the time to post a review.

Just a little update on the works in progress.

The front of the hotel has now been completely repainted and looks fantastic, the patio area at the front has been professionaly cleaned and also looks like new.

We have another 6 bedrooms closed for refurbishment and due to be reopend very shortly with more planned as soon as possible.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed at Chatsworth House for a Turkey and Tinsel week-end from 4th – 6th November 2011. We have stayed at this hotel a few times but never again. The room we were allocated was disgusting, the curtains were hanging off the track, bedspread was dirty, the shower didn’t work, you could only get cold water and there was urine left in the toilet. We reported our findings to the ignorant reception staff, only to be told “I’m down here in reception, what can I do” The only thing she could offer was someone having a look at it the next day. We asked to be moved to another sea view room and was told there was none free. I’m sure a room could have been found so we could have showered. We asked again in reception the next day about the shower and they sent up the bar man to have a look. He confirmed the shower wasn’t working, it’s as if the reception staff didn’t believe us. He also apologised for these problems – more than reception staff did. By this time we were at the end of our tether, so we decided to leave after a very sparse breakfast, staying only one night. That weekend was the weekend from hell. We wrote to the hotel Manager and to date has not had the decency and courtesy to reply. If you want a good hotel in Llandudno, I suggest you try somewhere else; there are plenty of good ones, so much competition.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mary m
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Absolute prime location right on the front. My room had excellent views of the sea and Great Orme.
I booked this hotel thinking it would be a bit like St Georges 100 yards down the road as it looks very similar. That, unfortunately is the only similarity. Chatsworth House is a grand name to live up to and I'm afraid this hotel fails miserably on so many levels. If you want to mingle with senior citizens on coach trips from the north east that like to see a turn or play bingo of an evening, then you won't be disappointed. On the other hand, if you're requirements are more like mine ie. Wi-fi in the room, room service, double glazing, no black hairs in the shower tray, wallpaper that is not hanging off, furniture that's not from a car boot sale, walls thick enough so you can't hear the next door guest snoring, clean carpet and perhaps has been decorated since 1983, then you should maybe look elsewhere. I wish I had. Luckily I was only there for one night. Maybe I was unlucky and the hotel was so busy that I was put in the dogs room I don't know but at £65 a night, it was over-priced even though it's one redeeming feature was nice to open the 'hanging-off' curtains to in the morning. Breakfast by the way was fine although I really didn't like the idea of hot milk in my coffee! All in all, could do worse but by the same token, could do an awful lot better. 2/10.

Room Tip: Ask for the toilet by the bar, that should be nicer.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim E
PJones-chatsworth, Front Office Manager at Chatsworth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We would like to say that we do not only reply to positive reviews, all reviews deserve equal response.

We would like to reply to each point you have made.

All hotels welcome reservations from all age groups and we are sorry that you felt it necessary to point out that we only cater for people of a certain age.

Bingo is not part of our programme, however if a particular group request it , then we have the required items available for use in a time slot so not to interfere with our evenings entertainment.

We do not advertise room service and wi-fi , however free wi-fi is available on our ground floor and some 1st floor rooms depending on location to the hub.

On the subject of double glazing, the local authorities have denied permisssion to replace the original victorian style sash windows with double glazed ones.

Our housekeeping team work very hard to make sure all rooms are clean and if there are any issues in any rooms they should be reported immediately so we can rectify any problems that may arise .

Another 5 rooms have had brand new furniture installed in January 2012

Cold milk for coffee at breakfast is readily available

Thank you.

“Not for the Business Traveller”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 11 January 2012
person found this review helpful

Room Tip: Ask for the toilet by the bar, that should be nicer.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

2011/2012. A three night stay that had everything to remember, good clean hotel and room, good food, excellent entertainment with three different artist one for each night, with each artist giving all round performance, we never stopped laughing. Only stopped giving 5 star performance because of small service problem in the dining room, it did not spoil our enjoyment this is just a comment.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank keng163

Firslty apologies to everyone who had taken time to leave us reviews for the late replies. Trip advisor have changed certain policies in being able to respond.
Thank you for your review here. We are very happy that you had a "New year to remember"
There was a fantastic atmosphere which made for a great new year break.
Only 10 months untill the next one.