All reviews happy valley no lift listed building victorian hotel view of the bay original features breakfast was excellent llandudno bay dining room lovely hotel bank holiday other guests warm welcome top floor stayed here for one night full english breakfast lovely touch
Reviewed 22 June 2016

The hotel is located in a perfect location and the staff are so friendly, especially Janet is a true gem. However, the hotel needs some TLC. They really need to change some aspects of the room, it is all very old. Also the cleaning leaves to be desired, an example. I left my towel on the bathroom floor and found it wet and folded on my bed upon return. Another day the towel on the floor was still there and untouched. This was really not ok. If they want to reduce the laundry they need to inform guests about the procedure. The tablecloths in the breakfastroom could be washed. Every day we say the same stains.
Breakfast was ok, they offer a variety of cereal, full breakfast, egg, cheese, fruit and yoghurts.
Personally I found my bed too soft, my schoulder and back still hurt, others might like this.
All in all, a nice location, a nice building, friendly staff, dogs are allowed so that is not for everybody - especially when the cleaning is not that good , the owner really needs to modernize the hotel into 2016. You still can have the British look and feel but new and cleaner.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We stayed here for three nights and were delighted with the experience. The Headlands Hotel has a homely feel and the building is full of period features. Our room was quirky and comfortable with a fantastic view of the bay. Breakfast was beautifully cooked and quite substantial. All the staff were helpful and friendly with suggestions of where to eat and what to do. The lady in charge made time to stand and chat and this gave the holiday a personal touch that was much appreciated. The unexpected fire alarm in the middle of the night (false, I hasten to add), just added to the experience. I would definitely stay here again if we come back for another holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the turret!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janis R
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

They made my dog Blake so welcome and very relaxed with us. This place is great and I be coming back soon for some nice relaxing times. Lots of places you can just relax and chill out.One constructive advice would be maybe get a better system in place for breakfast it works but needs some streamlining .. Wonderful place I would so book this for longer than a weekend .

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Just returned from a 4 night break at this hotel. When booking I asked for a sea view. Room 41 provides that, and a full view of Llandudno too!!!! Room really comfortable, staff all very friendly and the breakfasts first class. A lovely hotel which will certainly be returned to in the future.

Room Tip: For a good view room 41 is excellent, but you need to navigate plenty of stairs to reach it.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Fantastic location, brilliant staff, comfy room what more could you ask for? We booked go back before we left. The hotel is full off period features and gives you a really warm welcoming feeling. Added to that the staff couldn't do enough for us. Can't wait until our next visit! 10/10

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple