“Small but lots to see”
Review of Home Front Museum

Home Front Museum
Ranked #3 of 101 things to do in Llandudno
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the sights and sounds of civilian life during the Second World War at this unique indoor attraction.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's worth the effort trying to find the place. It's very small but it only costs a couple of quid to get in. We were given a torch each to take round with us which was fun and useful. There is lots and lots to see here and we were the only people in at the time we visited. There is all sorts here. Clothing, posters, examples of food, etc, etc. There's even an air raid shelter that you can sit in and a small gift shop. You basically follow a route through corridors that are packed with World war two items and it is very interesting. I would allow about an hour depending on how long you want to spend looking at the items.

All reviews
"interesting exhibits"
in 5 reviews
"on display"
in 11 reviews
"really enjoyed our visit"
in 6 reviews
"step back in time"
in 9 reviews
"all ages"
in 16 reviews
"torch"
in 66 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

lovely little museum, very informative about the 1st world war, ration books,weapons etc as well as the toys, sweets, medicines and household equipment from this era.Lots of interesting facts and displays, great for all ages.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The museum was a bit tricky to find and is sign posted as The War Museum and along a back street but is well worth a visit. Its small but very well laid out and there's loads of interesting WWII stuff including newspapers on key days of the war. Definitely worth a visit and a great way to spend an hour

1  Thank Neil W
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We have always wanted to pop into this museum should we visit on a wet day. Recently due to the high wind and snow we managed to visit. £3.50 entry is a modest fee to pay and the artifacts and displays are excellently put together. I've visited similar across the country and they have had displays about what locals did during WW2. There isn't too much about the part that Llandudno played during WW2 and I know that they had pill boxes on The Orme, so something about that wouldn't go a miss. Overall though really good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My mum took me here a while back now and I did enjoy the museum. It’s quite small inside but full of history. Not a expensive trip either. Only negative would be a slight difficulty in finding the place, you’d need to keep an eye out for the signs jotted around the streets. This isn’t really the fault of the museum but more of where it’s situated.
Friendly staff and a good experience.

Adrian H, Owner at Home Front Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for your review and glad that you enjoyed your visit to my museum. The museum is my own collection of 'Home Front' related items that I have collected over the last thirty years and I was delighted to be able to put them on public display when I opened back in 1999. The museum is entirely self-funded.
I'm not sure when you visited but we now have 'brown' tourism signs dotted around Llandudno to enable visitors to find us but glad that you did and enjoyed your visit.