“Great food. Indifferent service.”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #23 of 233 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food here was amazing? The nicest food, it is delicious. The only issue was the service. It was okay but our waitress refused to smile the entire time, even when she forgot some of our food. Same for the waiter. He was better but still very matter of fact. Great food, but we prefer friendliness and smiles so will try other places next time.

1  Thank Bianconero

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were seated quickly having not booked, the restaurant is very well
Decorated giving that Italian feel.

We were served by one of the owners who was incredibly friendly, he assured me his pizza was the best and he wasn’t wrong! It was amazing! The focaccia bread with extra cheese is a must
We also had house wine which was very nice, along with my daughters carbonara and my husbands spaghetti bolognaise.
Not sure why they have been given lower ratings, I guess you can’t please everyone!!!!

Dine here you won’t be dissapointed.

1  Thank dickkydo
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed our meal thoroughly. A homely restaurant servings classic Italian food. The star turn was the garlic bread with mozzerrella- lovely!
We had 3 courses, good value all round and plenty of choice

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I had family over from the midlands so we decided to visit La Taverna and we were not disappointed. The service, food and ambiance was perfect. We are Italian so we would know if the food was bad but it was like being in Italy! We even had a fussy eater who eats a lot and he was impressed and full!! Totally worth a visit and I can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Booked in for a meal for two with my wife last night. Decor is very pleasant. Greeting from waitress - what greeting?

We sent the side dish back as inedible and they replaced it - a bit better but still very poor - but we were not charged for it, thank goodness.

I ordered spaghetti and meat balls - what I got was some spaghetti, a bit of passata round the edge of the dish and 3 meatballs plonked on top. Absolutely tasteless.

My wife had the cannelloni - it was three small tubes drowned in cheese sauce - her comment was it was tasteless, the worst she had ever eaten and she never wants to go back!

Being a good husband I agree with her and we shall not go again.

1  Thank David M