“It’s fun but incredibly poorly managed ”

Llandudno Ski Slope
Ranked #17 of 106 things to do in Llandudno
More attraction details
Owner description: John Nike Leisuresport Llandudno offers a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy.Situated 415ft above sea level, Llandudno Ski & Snowboard Centre boasts spectacular views of Llandudno and the Irish Sea.With activities to suit the whole family, we can offer you Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow-Tubing on our brand new Perma-Snow surface, laid in July 2012. We also boast the longest Toboggan run in Britain, sure to be a hit with the kids. Unwind after all the fun in our Alpine Lodge, serving delicious hot and cold food throughout the day. Why not try our infamous Alpine Hot Chocolate to warm your boots after an afternoon of activities, whilst gazing out over Llandudno.Open all year round, Llandudno Ski Centre promises to offer you a fun packed day for the whole family.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited this centre to use the toboggan run for the last 10 years.
It’s great fun. Get there early to avoid the queues.
The place is a shambles the management should be ashamed of the state of the facilities. The maintenance is shoddy, piles of old ski matting that has been there for years. If you read older posts you’ll see management comments talking about improvements they are thinking about, that’s just empty words.
Go have fun, be prepared to wait in ever more tatty grounds.

3  Thank Kingomorg
"ride"
in 43 reviews
"beginners"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We booked a tube session for 4pm as a treat for the kids, we arrived before 3pm and paid to do the toboboggan, I was advised at this time the queue was around 40 minutes long so would have time to do this before our 4pm session. We waited an hour, until just before 4pm, i then went to speak to the man in charge of the toboggans , who was pretty unhelpful and when I asked if we could join the front if the queue once we'd done our tube session (having by this point queued for an hour and were around 10 people from the front of queue) but was told I'd have to rejoin the queue and start queuing again from the start! I did get my money back but we didn't get a go in the tobaggon which meeting kids pretty disappointed. I felt the whole place was poorly organised and the tobabaggon queue needs some serious looking at and how they manage the queues.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Great lesson for skiers and snowboarders, Chris the instructor was friendly. Pint afterwards in the bar

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Having been skiing earlier in the year, I was on a family christmas holiday and wanted to keep up with my skills before I forgot. I was put into a small group of people of a similar level as me, and given lessons on the basics, with the freedom to practice on my own within reason. Hugh was a very good teacher, giving points and advice, as well as general chat getting to know everyone in the group. I returned twice more as a free ski, but knowing that there was someone to help if I needed it.
I only suggest that you check the weather before you go, the sprinklers aren't always on, and if it's a particularly dry or windy day then you can't get much ski time in - you can always do the tobogganing otherwise if it's open, again weather and season dependent.
Hope to go back when I next can.