All reviews bream sea view highly recommend the merrion first class evening meal lamb shank turkey tinsel my mum first floor reception staff lovely hotel nightly entertainment staying at this hotel mobility scooter night stay beds were very comfortable restaurant staff
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We recently spent 2 nights here with my in-laws staying in the large sea view rooms. The hotel itself is lovely , has a fantastic location to the town and has plenty of parking if required . The staff were fabulous from start to finish and the breakfast is excellent with plenty of choices . The rooms we had were very comfortable and spacious with very comfy beds , though we found the bathroom quite small and cramped . Our only issue was the price , £175 for a double room with breakfast . That's 700 for 2 nights for 4 people b&b . To put that in perspective from my point of view , we have just had a week in palermo staying in a top end apartment for 500 and that included flights !

Overall though , if you are going to Llandudno and you want a good hotel and are happy to pay , then i highly recommend The Merrion .

1  Thank Gazo1963
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi Gazo1963
Thank you for posting so many nice comments about the hotel and staff, we do put packages together for guests wishing to stay longer than one or two nights and of course we have packages in October and November which are available.
Many thanks
Paul Bream,

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, comfy bed and good linen. Back rooms a little snug but front seaview rooms very spacious. The staff are fabulous. Sue on reception, can not do enough and in fact upgraded Keith's parents, both in their 90's to a seaview room with a walk in shower. The food is 5*, our diner on the first night was superior to most we have had in a long while. We would not normally eat in hotel restaurants, but would chose to eat here every time. Breakfast is also very good, fresh and plentiful with a wide choice. All the staff are fabulous. But along with Sue, there is a special mention for Roxanna, Neil and Gareth and Paul the first class chefs. We look forward to our next trip.

2  Thank Penny F

HI Penny F.
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Staff, the hotel and the restaurant, it was great to see you enjoy the hotel and
we look for ward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards to you all.
Paul Bream.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We recently spent 2 nights here in room 108. We were comfortable but the furnishings and carpet are looking a bit old. The bathroom was pretty damp in the mornings too. However, the room was very clean. Our room was above the lounge so we did hear singing & music but it stopped at around 10pm so it didn’t bother us. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff were very attentive. We didn’t try dinner since it starts at 630 and that’s getting towards our toddler’s bedtime. The location is great and we were able to park in their small, gated lock behind the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Hi Purplgirl
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us in room 108, I am grateful for your comments and I am sorry the room was not up to your expectations, we are working as hard as we can to bring all the rooms up to a more modern standard as quickly as possible, however with 64 rooms this takes a while. I am pleased you enjoyed other aspects of the hotel and thank you for you nice comments about the staff.
We hope to see you again soon.
Paul

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We were very late in getting booked in to hotel due to flights delayed, we were Hungary as gad nothing to eat due to traveling from Birmingham to Llandudno by train as no trolley on train , had nothing to eat since 10am that morning . The dinner was over by 9 and receptionist managed to get us some dinner and a wine on the house. Excellent service and a credit to her employer , we booked in on tues 11/09/18 at 9 pm . Hotel is old but furnished to a good standard rooms comfortable but pillows very firm and I like a very soft pillow ie (feather ) this of course is a preference but really did spoil my sleep so I’d suggest there are three different pillows in rooms so we can choose . Just one complaint ,my friend and I had a single room each ,the heating would not turn off at radiators making my friends room like an oven as such small rooms and excessive heat. She complained twice ,they may well have tried to fix matter but didn’t with result she couldn’t sleep all night room was too hot ( room 109 ) we went down on Sat 15/09/18 morning to tell receptionist, she didn’t even bother to lift her head , say good morning etc to us ,just carried on and said , I’ll see to it. I said this has been going on for days and they’ve promised to fix it and haven’t could you please see it gets sorted today , still not lifting her head , she replied very abruptly “ I’ve said I’ll do it “ very rude person who in my opinion should not be at any reception they are “first impression “ well all I can say is I’m really glad it was not her who checked us in !!! It was not fixed but thankfully another receptionist sorted matter out for us . Heating system seems old and therefore I’d imagine problems arise from time to time . Apart from one person the staff are friendly and helpful at all times. Food is really good ,we had dinner every night during our stay , breakfast good too .

Room Tip: We were in rooms 109 ( heating wouldn’t switch off ) and 104 both rooms no view but very quiet
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 94caley

Hi 94caley
I am sorry you experience difficulties with the heating in the hotel, all the radiators are fitted with thermostatic valves and can be turned off easily, I am upset that nobody was available to assist with this problem.
Your comments about other members of staff are welcome and I will discuss your comments about reception with the head of department.
paul Bream.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Had a great weekend at the Merrion. Nice welcome, smart and pleasant staff, perfect location and one of the best buffet breakfasts we've had. I was a bit worried about parking but no need - there's a private safe car park 2 mins walk away. There is a pleasant and comfortable bar area with not too overpriced drinks (no real ale but well stocked). There was a quiz one night which was a bit of fun. Our rooms (budget rooms at the back) were clean and more than adequately sized. Didn't notice any overnight noise. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Scotty975
Many thanks for the nice review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry we do not have "Real Ale" unfortunately we do not sell enough to maintain good quality cask ale, we do however have a selection of local craft beers in bottles which are popular.
We hope to see you again soon.
Paul Bream.