All reviews bream sea view highly recommend the merrion secure parking first class evening meal first floor turkey tinsel my mum lovely hotel lady on reception walk in shower staying at this hotel short break beds were very comfortable night stay restaurant staff
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I spent a short break last month choosing this hotel on the positive reviews posted on here! Well I am glad I did as they are all correct in that it is perfectly positioned on the front and with easy walking distance to the center and other attractions. The hotel is lovely and the food excellent with courteous staff. I was in a sea view room on the top floor with lift access, not the biggest of rooms but satisfactory for my short stay. The jewel for me was that I could park my car easily without the stress I usually encounter on visiting Llandudno. In conclusion this will now be my base whenever I visit the area!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi lawnswood999
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Just back from a 2 night break at The Merrion and had a great time. The hotel is perfectly positioned in Llandudno, very close to the pier and the main street.

Was lucky enough to find a parking space at the side of the hotel, which is a huge bonus. It was too early to check in but we took the bags into reception and the lady was extremely friendly, told us we the room wouldn't be ready until 2pm but we could leave our bags and checked us in and said pop back any time after 2.

The room was lovely, first floor with a great sea view, HUGE bed and very clean and comfortable. Bathroom was modern with a great shower.

Breakfast the next day was fantastic, a great choice of both hot and cold food, toast brought to you rather than having to make yourself and eggs cooked freshly for you, rather than going hard under hot plates, a great idea and it was one of the nicest hotel breakfasts Ive had in a very long time.

We didn't eat in the hotel for evening meal as we went out into Llandudno both nights, however the menu looked very good and at £25 per head for 3 courses was good value. There was also entertainment on both nights.

The staff in reception & the restaurant were all very friendly, nothing was too much trouble and they are a credit to the hotel.

All in all a great stay an we look forward to a return visit.

Room tip: Sea view room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 478davidjones

Hi 478davidjones
Thank you for posting a great review of your recent stay with us at the Merrion, I am sorry you were not able to use the restaurant during your stay we pride ourselves on good quality and great value and hope that perhaps you may consider dining with us next time.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

stayed for 3 nights bed breakfast and evening meal from 7th to 10th Sept 2018.
Rooms were clean and well serviced with clean towels every day,
Food was fantastic,
Staff were excellent, they were polite, attentive, and would try and help with anything, but more than that, they all seemed to enjoy working there.

Room tip: sea view rooms are best
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hi whitehead592018
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review, I am so pleased that you have commented about our great staff, they work so hard and we are very proud of them.
We hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks
Paul

Reviewed 7 September 2018

This was a return visit to the Merrion. All staff were friendly, polite, courteous and helpful right down to the cleaners. Meals were excellent with 15 choices of desserts. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank John H
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi John H
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Merrion. Yous comments are most welcome and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please contact the hotel if we can be any assistance with a booking in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I have been bringing my mother here for years . I am in the travel business and always tell my customers how great this hotel is for customer service and food , Arrived today . Had no emails from me why !! Check in was not great, bedroom cold and noisy . Meal tonight was awful, cold . Over 35 mums wait. Staff no bothered , would like to speak the the owner direct “I am here to Sunday . Unless I check out early , something really wrong here

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TIZZY608

Hi TIZZY608
We take al customer feedback seriously, please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings on our part.
We appreciate that for one reason or another we may not meet guest expectation all the time, your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments and we will try and ensure that your experience is not repeated for other guests,