1,024 results
All reviews elemis toiletries sea view soul weekender lovely hotel llandudno bay deluxe room high standard boutique hotel shower cubicle sea front full welsh breakfast one night stay venue cymru toast third floor first class cooked breakfast
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We returned today from a one night stay at the hotel. The main areas are lovely, staff friendly. We paid £136 for our double room on a B&B basis. On arrival all was well, we were expecting a small room, which we got as a double on the 3rd floor. We were not expecting a toilet that we could not use even after maintenance had been to mend it. It flushed twice and never worked again. We reported this to reception. When I mentioned to the receptionist how small the bathroom was (I have known larger wardrobe space) she agreed that they were snug. So snug that you could not use the sink to brush you teeth as there was a mirror in you way and your head could not get near the smallest sink know to man. In fairness the receptionist arranged a part refund of our room and we proceeded to breakfast feeling happy with a fair offer of compensation. The breakfast staff were friendly and arranged all aspects of your breakfast without having to chase or wait, all was going well. We ordered a full Welsh breakfast, what a disappointment. The sausage looked like it was microwaved, the bacon was badly cooked, rock hard and the fat was not cooked, the mushroom looked as though it had been deep fried as it oozed fat on our plate, tasteless. Our friends travelling with us ordered eggs benedict, which came out as one muffin, half a slice of ham, poached egg and a sauce that had been left under the hot grill to keep warm, it was soggy and very unsatisfying. Whoever the breakfast chief was today needs to change career. OverLl style over substance. Had breakfast been good, then I can forgive the other points but not having a decent breakfast chef is poor and very disappointing.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Charlotte H
StuartD1605, General Manager at Llandudno Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so very sorry you had a disappointing stay with us and clearly there were certain aspect of your stay which fell short of expectation, if you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly stay again it offers excellent customer service and the staff can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable.I have a good allergy and this was catered for without any trouble

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Superb review thank you, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the customer service my team off to be of an excellent standard, I do hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We have just returned from a three night stay at the lovely Llandudno Bay Hotel. We had booked a deluxe double on the first floor with a large bay window over looking the bay. We would recommend these rooms because of the view and the fact they are very nicely decorated but even though they are decribed as deluxe they are quite small with very small bathrooms. I don’t know what size a standard room would be!

The hotel is very nicely decorated, clean and warm and the staff are really friendly.

Unfortunately we found the food to be rather hit and miss. Breakfast is very good with lots of choice but two of the three evenings we ate in the restaurant the food wasn't particularly good, perfectly edible and very nicely presented(move over Masterchef) but nothing special which we found disappointing in an hotel of this calibre.

Parking is an issue as there are no dedicated hotel parking spaces and we didn't manage to park outside the hotel until late the last evening when a space became available, prior to this we had to park in a back street behind the hotel. This could be due to the fact that two weddings and a couple of parties took place during our stay.

If we returned to the area at some future date we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe overlooking the bay.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am pleased that overall you had a good a pleasant stay. I am disappointed with your comments in relation to dinner as we usual receive very high praise –should you wish to elaborate on your issue then please do contact me directly. Parking is an issue anywhere in Llandudno, fortunately the street outside the hotel and all the surrounding streets are free. I do hope that should you return to the area myself and my team will be able to welcome you back to Llandudno Bay.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Great location, very clean and friendly. Rooms are small, especially the bathrooms.Restaurant good, but lots of other local options also available within a short walk. Take a walk up the Orme on a windy day!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wonderful feedback thank you, so pleased you had an enjoyable time while staying with us, I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful but sadly let down by the receptionist (dark curly hair) who was rude sarcastic and very unprofessional. Left unattended on reception for ages and then shouting over my head a

The hotel is beautiful, lovely location and very convenient for visiting my kids who are studying in Llandudno. For me the hotel was let down by the receptionist{dark curly hair)sarcastic, rude and totally unprofessional - leaving me waiting at reception for ages no apology and shouting over my head at other members of staff while I was checking my bill. I would give the hotel 4/5 stars but because of this woman won't be returning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
StuartD1605, General Manager at Llandudno Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

I must say I am very surprised at the comments aimed at the receptionist who was on duty when you checked out as she is one of the most bubbly members of the team and is in no way ignorant, let alone rude and unprofessional.
You state in your review that she shouted over your head, I would like to point out to other readers that the check out process had finished and the guest was walking away from the desk at the time the receptionist spoke to another guest who was approaching her looking for the wedding fayre we were hosting.
While I appreciate we may on occasion get things wrong, I do not appreciate unconstructive criticism of my team who work so hard to provide excellence service to the guests that stay with us.