“Go for the full rack of Welsh Lamb!”
Review of Carlo's Restaurant

Carlo's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Excellent meal, friendly service. I took the whole rack of lamb and had enough to eat to last me the rest of the week!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Carlo's Restaurant

Reviewed 1 August 2012

One of the best dining experiences I have ever had! We actually found Carlos from Tripadvisor as the restaurants in Llandudno aren't very obvious. Was secluded place- would not have found it without a taxi- was just like somebody's front room! Greeting lovely...and were seated quickly (did have a reservation), service very quick and our waiter was so efficient, really nice guy, I had the chicken risotto and my boyfriend had the spag bol- it was all terrific, could not fault it at all! Great value for money as well! Go and see for yourself!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We decided on Carlo's because of the reviews on here. We wanted a special meal for our anniversary and that is what we got. Beautiful food, excellent service and made to feel relaxed and welcome. It is a delightful place.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Carlo's is a restaurant that is worth finding. It's not in the town centre but is tucked away in a back street. Going in, there was quiet lighting and the decor was unpretentious and cosy. The staff were really friendly without being annoying and took the time to tell you the specials rather than just writing them up on the board. The food was delicious - we had freshly prepared plaice goujons to start which melted on the mouth followed by fillet steak, which was cooked to perfection. My only complaint was that I was too full to finish it. The wine menu was excellent - not any bog standard wines and the Valpolicella that we chose was super. We ordered another bottle but they had ran out but the recommended another slightly more expensive wine - giving it to us for the same price and it was even better than the first.
There wasn't anything I didn't like about this restaurant and we thoroughly recommend it to anyone travelling to this area!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Visited Carlo's for the first time recently and loved the whole experience. The restaurant is cosy and welcoming, with nice mood lighting and a laid back but smart atmosphere. I was very impressed by the service, which was friendly but also attentive enough to feel like a special occasion. One of the reasons I wanted to eat there was the really extensive and interesting menu. Most of the local Italian restaurants seem to offer the same old dishes, but there were a few more unusual options here like various veal dishes, and the rack of lamb with garlic and rosemary which sounded just too tasty to miss.... and was even better than it sounded! Cooked perfectly pink, I was astonished at how juicy the meat was - and about 2 inches thick! The sauce and bed of colcannon (I think) were delicious too, as was the large portion of fresh vegetables it arrived with. My sister had a chicken dish, and my brother the spaghetti bolognese, and both really enjoyed their meals. I'd definitely recommend this place; it outranks all the other italian restaurants i've been to in the area, and I think the lamb is the best I've had anywhere! Great little place!