All reviews sea view en suit fantastic location parking permit big bonus small window lovely bathroom parking space family room large room clean hotel night stay cooked breakfast sea front lovely breakfast visit llandudno wonderful hosts
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed in room 12 and would advise anybody not to take this room! The price of the room is ridiculous we paid for a sea view..... The window was a dormer so you could only see out if you were 6ft plus! Being just under 5ft 5 the most I saw was the sea!!! Now we come to the bathroom upon opening the room front door so to speak the smell of drains hit you! The smell was disgusting I thought it might go away after being in the room but no apparently the owner is suing next door for a recent problem with the drains affecting his property (not my problem) I asked for the owner to come and look at the room all he did was put disinfectant down, no apology or offer to move room which I thought was very rude and not good customer service at all! (I work in that sector so should know) after being left with the smell I had to try and disguise it myself so spent £5 on toilet freshers and sprays which didn't work. I informed the owner next morning on my way out who was talking to the plumber but I was not offered any compensation for being out of pocket to help out with HIS problem not mine.
So all in all not a place to stay at as the only decent thing was the breakfast which was lovely and very filling the lady who served us was lovely. So whoever gets room 12 if the toilet has fresheners inside the toilet and a freshener on the toilet lid you know they are courtesy of me not the owner!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dolly_bird23
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Room number 4....... wow , what a view ! You literally look out over the whole of the bay . The room was huge with a Queen Anne bed and tea /coffee making facilities . Frank , the owner was charming and obliging and all the other staff were very pleasant too . My only ( small ) gripe was that the breakfast was a bit bland and a touch underdone but otherwise a lovely experience .

Room Tip: Ask for room number four ..... brilliant views !
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed for two nights after the St Tudno Hotel next door had no trace of the booking we made via Laterooms.com and was full! Fortunately, their manager took us round to the Wildings Hotel and they had a room available for both nights, albeit a twin, rather than double. The proprietor was very helpful and obliging in coming to our rescue. Laterooms response was just to blame the St Tudno and state that as the contract is between me and the hotel and as far as they were concerned the booking had gone through OK, it wasn't their problem. They just don't get it and I'll be booking all my rooms directly with hotels in future.

Anyhow the Wildings was fine. Our room (room 3) was a good size, had a fine sea view and capitalised on the hotel's excellent position, as mentioned by other reviewers. The room was clean with plenty of fresh towels, crisp linen and generous tea making facilities in the room, which was serviced well in the morning.

Breakfast is for an hour between 8 and 9am, with quick, friendly, service and a good selection. The full Welsh cooked breakfast was delicious. We asked for the generous large full breakfast, but it was a nice touch that you could also order a smaller version, as some people can be a little over-faced by a cooked breakfast. The Wildings don't offer an evening meal but this is no problem as you can always eat at the St Tudno next door and get a 10% discount, which I would certainly recommend.

This hotel's many positives include it's helpful and friendly proprietor and staff, it's superb central location and a lift to all floors. The only negatives seemed to be no car park, that I was aware of at least. I was very lucky to grab some free street parking just around the corner and kept the car there for 48 hours, but this is limited. The rest is roadside pay and display used by day visitors which fills up early. A little bit of renovation of fittings maybe due (crack in the glass table, damaged light fitting, etc), but this was all minor stuff and didn't detract from our enjoyment of the room.

So a big thank you to the Wildings (and St Tudno) for coming to our rescue for our two night stay in Llandudno. We didn't plan to stay in this hotel, but I'm very glad we did and would happily go back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2015

The hotel is in a perfect location, right on the seafront, opposite the entrance to the pier. We stayed in room 11 on the top floor. It was quite spacious and was spotlessly clean. The room has a sea view, but the window is a dormer type, so you have to stand to be able to see out. But the view is beautiful. We found the bed very comfortable, a little softer than we are used to, but had a good nights sleep. The breakfast was excellent. There was a good choice and we liked the option of a small full english as we had eaten very well the night before! The service was great with friendly attentive staff. We would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This is an excellent location catering to families and couples. The staff were jolly and helpful, and we quite enjoyed our stay. The rooms are small, and the hotel could do with an update. It didn't detract from our enjoyment.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family