The Grand Hotel Eastbourne
US$ 113
Gyves House(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
  • Breakfast included
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 75
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 116/night.

US$ 118
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 140/night.

The Langtons Guesthouse(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
Congress Apartments(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 61
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 71/night.

US$ 93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

2,130 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantafternoon teaoutdoor poolhealth clubmolton brown toiletriesmaster suiteturn down servicefive star hotelsteam roomspa facilitiesgarden roomsconesbirthday treatsea viewparking spacesouth coastkippers
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed at the Grand over the Jubilee weekend. It really is the best hotel in Eastbourne and it is run the way a great hotel should be, ie something most of the "chain hotels" really do not understand now!

Staff are professional and friendly from the porters who park the cars to the wonderful staff in the dining room.

We took breakfast and dinner in the main dining room for our four day stay. Breakfast offers a good choice and if you prefer not to use the hot buffet you can order a cooked breakfast which is freshly prepared in the kitchen for you. Dinner in the main restaurant is high quality English cooking with probably the best sorbets I have ever tasted.

The rooms are not your typical text book 5 star hotel - some of the furniture has been with the hotel for quite some time, however this is part of the charm! Everything is kept immaculately clean and the bathrooms are spotless with their Moulton Brown toiletries.

We would definitely go back. Quality like this has a price, but it is worth it!

Room Tip: A sea-view room is obviously wonderful - Debussy had one when he finalised "La Mer"!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JADLondon
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Beautiful building, stunning exterior, well maintained entrance lobby. Efficient and dedicated footman, conciege and reception staff - A+!!
Sadly, the promising start soon faded like the interior of the hotel.
Our room, 143, is clean and the bed sumptuous and at first glance, acceptable. Upon settling in and exploring the amenities within our room, we found the bathroom exceptionally tiny with a wobbly floor, creaky and leaking taps together with a weak shower. It was impossible to have two people in the bathroom at the same time!
We arrived @ 7.30pm to the bar and had wanted to dine but were told that the earliest availability was 9.45pm! Unbelievable! We were given the bar menus that were as battered, frayed and uninteresting as the furniture! We went out for dinner as we felt bagels for dinner is sufficient!
Having arrived early for breakfast was a good move as when we finished at 9.30am, a queue had formed outside the Garden Restaurant of diners waiting to be seated .... Not a sighted expected of a 5 star establishment. Just as well there were seats in the lobby as some guests were elderly and disabled!
The breakfast was excellent, staff attentive and efficient but, yet again the menus were worn and needed renewing.
Overall, excellent staff and cleaniness but the rest of our experience was highly disappointing.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SomeiB
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I cant believe after our first visit, I would have to write such a damming report on this Hotel. After long thought I think its only fair to share this encounter with fellow travellers. We had a great stay last year and we came together as a family to decide on a venue for a family birthday party. I in my error suggested the Grand without hesitation to the agreement of the rest of the family. So I went ahead to make the arrangements, this is where it all went badly wrong. I called the Hotel only to be met by someone giggling in mid conversation I presume ? I gave theyoung lady details of my enquiry, to be told im not sure someone is in the office ? and could I CALL BACK ON MONDAY MORNING ?? Well I was not inpressesd in the slightest with that response, even if it was a Friday afternoon !!!!!!! and made it clear i needed to speak to someone, even if they could call me back. To cut a long story short i was transferd to I beleive the housekeeping area, as she answerd housekeeping ? she was helpful and said she would transfer me back to the correct person. NOW THIS IS THE FUNNY SIDE............NOT Guess who answerd the phone ? Yes you guessed right the cocktail bar. I hung up and called back and asked to be put through directly to the people who deal with private group bookings and the young man put me through eventualy to the right person who then told me the office was closed and she said i could call back monday morning or they could call me, as she was leaving the office ? I gave up and hung up. So i have made my booking elsewhere. I WILL NEVER USE THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN and will advise and recommend everyone to stay far away from this Hotel. What a shame

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Roberts_holiday
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We use The Grand quite frequently for lunch.The fare is delicious,the choice is good,and the service is very friendly.Following a recent one-night visit we have no hesitation in giving the highest rating in accommodation,comfort,the competence and attitude of the staff,and the general ambience.The breakfasts are especially noteworthy! A truly 5-star experience.

a

Room Tip: We recommend a full or side sea view room - preferably on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colin b
Reviewed 22 June 2012

On a glorious sunny afternoon in June we arrived in Eastbourne for the "Queen's Jubilee Afternoon Tea " At about £22.50 per head ( we were a party of 10) our expectations were very high for a sumptuous "Royal " meal.
This was booked well in advance with Reservations . It took them 3 weeks to send an acknowlegement of the deposit and only then because I rang up and asked for one.

Sadly, the tea was cold and the sandwiches would put a Cafe to shame. Not for the size, delicate was the looked for order of the day, but for the fillings. Tiny triangles over spilling with mushy, lumpy white cream (coronation chicken?)and what tasted like shop bought sliced ham covered in a yellow lumpy pickle which spilled out over the sandwich. and onto the plate. Same plate to be used for the cake/scones . Oh for a dainty cucumber and cream, The smoked salmon sandwich was tasteless and the cheese sandwhich, only vegetarian option, was unidentifiable. I won't mention the minute scones. No one came to check on us until it was all over so could not remedy the cold tea. The prepared "hot water" being luke warm. There was no evidence of the Jubilee, not a tiny flag or red, white and blue in site. Not sure why it was called the "Queen's Diamond Jubilee AfternoonTea" - partly the title which drew us here!

Having stayed at the Grand before I knew that some of the staff were not in the least interested in their clients but this time I was pleasantly surprised. There were smiles and help from Front of House and the slow waiting at table, possibly due to staff shortages, was done in an otherwise efficient and pleasant manner. My 4 stars are for everything but the Afternoon Tea. I suggest they contact their sister Hotel, Ashdown Park, who produce an Afternoon Tea to be proud of any day of the year, to ask how they manage it.
And another thing! Dogs are welcomed but only in the room. They can have their supper served there and are given a bed and blanket but they are not allowed in any of the public rooms, terraces, poolside or gardens. In fact they are only allowed to come and go straight to their rooms. Happy Holidays, doggies, but you have a great Promenade and lots of grass across the road to enjoy. Note to Owner - remember to take a raincoat to cover your PJ's if doggie needs an outing late at night!

Room Tip: The sun shines on the front so a room with a balcony would be delightful, over looking super pool ( you cannot see the close carpark when by the pool) and the sea. For a quieter room go higher up.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends