Mansion Lions Hotel
US$ 125
US$ 134
US$ 118
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 211
US$ 164
  • Beachfront
The Alexandra Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
  • Beachfront
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$ 265
Agoda.com
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
US$ 238
US$ 221
Travelocity
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Eastbourne Town Centre Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 99
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Queens Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslick of paintdance floorenjoyed my staywaiting stafflovely roomtown centretea and coffeecooked breakfastpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

on arrival
the receptionist welcomed us and did not seem like she cared that we had arrived she then got payment from us and told us our room was on 3rd floor did not bother to show us to our room we had to find our own way, get to the room and look around very old fashioned and carpet was tuffed up toiletries where just thrown on the side soap has feicies on it and when we requested to see the manager she rudly spoke back after pressing the issue we where moved to another room they even gave us a key to someone elses room whichj we where ment to be using as a bathroom feel like the receptionist did not even care they did not even ask for the key back and still have not and we have left now shows how much they take notice the lights did not work in the shower room and shower drain was blocked with a mount of hair like the cleaner did not notice that, the tv did not work we had to retune it our selves and the milk was out of date, breakfast was ok could do with cooking their eggs a little more my egg was raw in the center and bacon was uncooked , could do with more of a selection on fruit and more then one cup of coffee they where rude and did not serve us we had to ask for someone to serve us after waiting half an hour. great location could do with updating and fixing of a few things hallway had wires hanging out of the roof looked very unsafe. all in all i would never recomend this hotel again and sadly i wish we had stayed at arundel like planned.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
27  Thank cariann23
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Just back from a few days break and really enjoyed my stay. Staff were friendly always with a smile. Single sea view room was to be expected rather small but not a problem, it could do with a few touches like some pictures on the walls, and like my mates room the large electronic clock had stopped! don't room service notice this?
Breakfast was okay but could do with more selection with fruits etc.
I have stayed at Mansion Lions before and have always been satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank David W
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Booked and paid deposit by credit card for two rooms ,arrived just after midnight and even before getting the bags in was asked to pay upfront without seeing the rooms.I refused and told the receptionist that he had my card details,he took my card details again. Lift did not work that night and had to carry bags up to fourth floor. First room , a twin, was quite large,fairly clean but had some decor problems,ie peeling wallpaper. Second room, a double, was clean but quite small and in need of decoration. Was concerned that the smoke detector on the stairs outside our room was hanging out of the ceiling on its wires ,and Fire Alarm panel in reception was showing a fault light.
Breakfast was ok as was service, but the staff,mostly young and Eastern European could have been more customer orientated.
Wedding and reception dinner and evening buffet were acceptable, but was amazed to see the staff at the end of the evening not remove the dirty table cloths but just put clean ones over them ready for breakfast the next morning.
We went down to breakfast on the last morning to our table which looked as if someone else had eaten there before us and it had not been cleaned up properly.
I had misplaced/lost £60 in cash and when I told the receptionist she didn't even acknowledge the fact or take any details.
We later found out that two other people that weekend had purses taken from their rooms or pushchairs.
Would I stay at this hotel again? Absolutely no chance.
Would I recommend this hotel ? Absolutely no chance.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
17  Thank grumpy999
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I was part of a large group that stayed recently, check in was a little hectic but with so many people that is always going to be an issue, especially when the lift is small. I think it was hit or miss with the rooms. We were pleasantly surprised by our room which was large and clean. The only downside was there was a large stain on the ceiling (from a leak from bathroom above I suspect), which did look unsightly and was badly patched up. The repairs that have gone on are to a substandard and would recommend the hotel check on any repairs done and not allow bodge jobs repairs. Other members of our party was not so fortunate and had poor rooms, and as someone stated in another review it appears as the further you go up the worse it got. The TV did not work in our room but to be fair was quickly rectified, although the picture quality was poor (no digital signal, analog only). The dining room was also a hit and miss affair. The first night was strange, the food was very good, but the service very poor, and although some of the staff had poor English there is no excuse for rudeness. When one of or party complained to the waitress (I suspect it was “Helga”) that he and found a hair in his dinner (which he had, I saw it), the reply was “I don’t know who’s it is” which may be correct but not really the response that was required. Fortunately for the rest of our trip we were on another table which was served by a very polite happy waiter who was great. The meal times are odd, the dining room cannot accommodate everyone at the same time so they have a very strict timetable which can and did cause issues. On a more positive note the Barman was great and had a good sense of humour, and the in house quiz went down very well indeed. So for some of our party it was good hotel with no issues for others it was not so, very hit and miss which makes it difficult to rate.

Room Tip: As others have stated lower floor is best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed 29 October 2011

after reading the reent reviews on Tripadvisor. We were travelling as part of a coach tour with our elderly disabled parents (one wheelchair user). However, on arrival we were very pleasantly surprised both by the appearance of the hotel, but more so by the staff. Both reception and waiting staff were extremely helpful, friendly and courteous throughout. Because of an oversight by our travel company we had all been allocated rooms in different parts of the hotel which would have meant my stepfather needing to walk quite a distance and negotiate steps and that neither my sister nor I were near enough should they need help. Reception staff quickly found alternative rooms - allocating the bridal suite complete with four poster bed to my parents!
Yes, revovation is needed - and is ongoing, but our rooms were clean and comfortable with good hot shower/bath.
The meals were very good with three courses and three choices of main course. We all ate different things and were mostly very happy with what was served. The vegetarian meals were particularly good - the twice baked cheese souffle was delicious!
The waiting staff were maybe a little quick to clear our plates away which is not generally customary, but they were extremely patient and friendly and went out of their way to help us. One waiter even nipped to a neighbouring hotel to get yoghurt for my Mum who was not feeling too well one morning.

Yes, they were foreign - from various countries including Iran, Spain and Hungary - but most spoke at least sufficient English and we certainly didn't find any of them rude or "scary" - including Helga who was very pleasant!
If people want a luxury hotel experience then they need to pay luxury prices. As part of a coach party I have always had to adhere to set meal times. Individual residents certainly didn't have to do so at the Mansion Lions.
Reasonable bar prices, free entertainment (which was mostly not to our taste) and a relaxed atmosphere made this holiday enjoyable and overall it was great value for money. Normal hotel prices seemed rather expensive if the rooms were of the same standard.

Room Tip: First floor rooms may be noisier, but were adequately decorated and quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family