Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Trip.com
$55
View deal
Expedia.com$62
Hotels.com$62
Travelocity$62
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2019

I booked my stay at this lodge from April 20 to May 1 st. The staff Kim,Ved & selvana were very courteous . So was housekeeping.
After a few days of stay I wanted to move to a ocean view hotel nearby & requested my booking be terminated earlier ie April 25 th.
Since I gave the requisite notice I knew they would get a alternate booking & charge a nominal cancellation.Instead I was asked to pay for the remaining unused room in full by the management. I protested & wanted a cancellation amount to be applied.
I was connected to Mary (Lang) on the phone & I explained the reason for my leaving earlier & suggested that a nominal 10% cancellation be applied on the remaining unused nights , Mary on the other end of the line had no respect to want I was saying & kept insisting on full payment & I asked her to reconsider the cancellation amount since I gave a notice to move out on April 22 nd.( all along the conversation she kept saying if i don’t pay then she will deduct from the staff members salary. I said that was unfair & I was having a reasonable conversation with her & asked her to share the owners details for me to negotiate, since she was threatening to deduct from the staff’s salaries. Mary refused to share the owners number & added that they live in the Caribbean & can’t be contacted. I asked for email address & she refused.
Before closing the conversation I asked Mary to rethink & revert instead of agreeing to rethink she threatened me by getting the local police called since I was arguing for applying a cancellation fee.
She did get the police over & when the police arrived they were quick to understand the situation & informed Kim who was present that I was making a fair request & that the management must heed to my request .
When Mary realised the grave mistake committed by her by involving the local police she tried to calm the situation through Kim by first apologising to me & later negotiation the cancellation fee to 50% & later to 35% with I paid under duress ( it should have been 10%)
Later the same evening I found out that they were all along overbooked & sold my room immediately to another guest , so basically no loss to the property yet an excess profit of 35 % by pressuring me to pay by involving the police.
So my other wise nice stay was ruined by Mary (Lang)

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GK g
dodoLaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at dodoLaLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2019

You booked a room for 11 nights and when you checked in,you paid only part of the stay saying to the staff you will retrieve cash from the ATM and settle the balance the following days. The receptionist trusted your words and check you in. But to her dismay and unpleasant surprise, a few days later, you announced you were checking out on the 25th, that there were no problem at all with your stay but on that very day your friends were to check in at dodolalodge in the afternoon.

Sir, with all due respect, we have our responsibility and integrity. When a guest confirms a booking for 11 nights, it is our responsibility not to sell to someone else that same room even though there is a demand for it - all or most hotels are same; you are from India, and it's the same policy overthere too. The operation staff explained to you, Mr Gopalan, that you had the liberty to go but you must respect your word that is pay the balance as we have honoured our part of the deal but you kept arguing you will not pay the balance and you insisted you want to talk to the owners.

Our business is to care for our guests, attending to their needs and we expect our customers to respect their part of the deal, including payment. We never had any payment problem before with any guests.

Sir, with all due respect, we have our inhouse rules and regulations and if we don't abide by them, the situation becomes chaotic.

By the way there is no staff whose name is Mary Lang at our property.

Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

Wonderful place for a long staying. My room with a terrace was a home for me for 3 weeks and it was very good. Very polite and wonderful reception Team, as well as the room-service. Super location, 2 minutes from the paradise beach. I come again!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
dodoLaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at dodoLaLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2019

The dodolalodge team will be pleased to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

Very good and secured place. We loved our stay at this place. Qe will certainly go back again. Very clean room and quiet place to be. Modern key entry system. Close to Grand Baie. Local food or streets food close by

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

The whole team will be happy to welcome you again. Warm regards.

Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

We spent 17 nights at Dodola Lodge and had an apt with kitchenette.
Everything about Dodola was excellent. From the reception staff, quality of accommodation,cleanliness, hospitality. Mary and Dev showed us fantastic hospitality ,every request was handled immediately and with superb friendliness. Location superb, you just hop over the road to Pereybere beach , one of the best beaches on the island. On weekends and public holidays we just hopped on the bus to La cuvette beach , a stunning small quiet little beach just before Grand Baie.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FredaK87

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and the whole team wishes you all the best.

Reviewed 9 January 2019

After one week and one bad experience with another accommodation in Mauritus, we were amazed to see how nice Dodola was! Extremely clean, really friendly personal and the BONUS just across the Pereybere Beach! Winner's supermaket is at 6-7 min, by walk, plenty of restaurants around.

They have 5-6 free parking places, the room is cleaned daily and if you need anything the person at the reception is more than happy to help you.

Most important, not expensive!

Highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank OrestePaven

We are happy you appreciated your stay at dodolalodge and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again if you come back in the island.