“The best Restaurant I have experienced in Mauritius - so far”

Flowers of Paradise
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Pereybere
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Described by my boss as "The Happening Place" these days in the North of the island, Flowers of Paradise proved to be one of the best restaurants I have ever experienced.

Duo of Foie Gras and Scallops turned out to be just one of each, but the flavours were so intense that it took a while to savour. My wife's Ravioli of Lobster Tail was also divine.

I think I first enjoyed Tournedos Rossini at the Plough Inn at Rhosemaen in Wales in around 1969 since when I have eaten it whenever I see it on a menu, but last night's was not only cooked to perfection and accompanied with a perfect selection of vegetables, but was topped with another fried Fois Gras rather then the ubiquitous pate - which made the dish positively different. Congratulations Chef. My wife's Pigeon was (like the other dishes) a bit on the small side, but both mains left enough room for 2 exquisite desserts.

The wine menu and the wine "cave" are extensive, predominantly French, sorted by wine region,certainly not cheap, but when you have exceptional food, it deserves exceptional wine.

The only negative for me is that they do not accept American Express, which I usually expect from this standard of restaurant, but that is more than compensated by the fact that it is less than a mile from my home in Bain Boeuf.

First Class Gourmet food. I will certainly return soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We had a great dinner at the Flowers of Paradise. Food was excellent and staff very helpful. They also had an impressive wine selection from their on-site cellar which you can see from the main dining room.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

No parking. Ugly place. Horrific taste. Food with no research. Grilled fish or meat served with mashed potatoes. Prices exhorbitants. So much nicer places to go.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Very few good places to eat around this area where we live and this is one of the best. All the main course dishes we had were very nice as we're the deserts!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

One of our favourite restaurants in whole of Mauritius. The food is out of this world and the staff is professional.

The owner is French and doesn't speak english. Still, he tried his best to be friendly with our english speaking group. He even brought out his Great Dane in the restaurant for us to pet.

To speak about pets, the restaurant has a few rabbits running around in the outside area. Which seemed to be appreciated by the kids, whom fed them carrots.

The restaurant is located on a small road in Pereybere and can be hard to spot at first. We're really glad that we found it though.

The outside setting is cozy and the atmosphere is calm. The chef prepared our food on the barbecue that was right next to our table.

They have an excellent wine list and the staff are more than happy to give you recommendations.

Highly recommended place!