Lowest prices for your stay
$56
Hotels.com
$71
Agoda.com
$50
Expedia.com$71
Travelocity$71
Priceline$71
All reviews hustle and bustle beautiful beach main beach rooms are comfortable whole team pool area mauritius french apartment
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2019 via mobile

I stayed in the ground floor family suite at Topardis with my wife and 2 children in January 2019. The room is not clean and smells terrible. Despite asking to help the staff did not care to help mitigate the situation because I prepaid for our stay. Spending the night in the room is what I imagine a night in a sarcophagus is like.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kerryzimm
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2019

Dear kerryzimm, Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions following your stay with us. We have taken note of your constructive comments. We are surprised to read your review of our family room considering that this room pleases all our guests. Our rooms are cleaned every day by our cleaning team and checked by our manager 4 times a week. I hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Management

Reviewed 20 February 2019 via mobile

We loved every moment in this hotel. The rooms are spacious enough and cleaned spotlessly everyday. It is around the corner from a big supermarket and Pereybere beach. There is a busstop just outside the grounds. The staff is friendly and very helpfull. The pool is beautifull and clean. The only reason they do not get a full 5 stars, is that we felt the breakfast was a little sparce for the price. The eggs was not well cooked. But do not let this detract you from booking here. If I go to Mauritius again, I will stay here again. It is a wonderfull hotel that offers you excellent value for money

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoelienNortje

Dear RoelienNortje, Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions following your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays in Toparadis both by the situation and by our rooms. We have taken note of your constructive comment and will see that with the concerned party. I hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Management

Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the family suite for 5 nights in late January/early Feb. When we were let into the room, the smell of mildew hit us like a punch in the nose. It was no surprise since the room was like a cement bunker.

For some strange reason, the suite was designed with doors that did not stay open in any configuration except when we jammed heavy luggage in front of them. In addition, the windows did not open to allow any real flow of air throughout the suite. Instead they were just small slats that opened sideways.

Another strange design feature was that both bedrooms did not have closets. Instead, there were wardrobes in the hallway and living room of the suite. This made changing and getting ready inconvenient especially with the constantly heavy closing doors.

On top of that, the suite was dirty. The floors were not cleaned well. The first day we were there, the housekeeping staff left a dirty rag on a coffee table in the living room and did not clear away dirty utensils and a tea cup. In addition, they did not change the sheets the entire time we were there and they did not replace towels.

After one night, we asked the staff on duty for a new room explaining the problem with the smell and dampness. We were told they had to speak to “reservations”. No one ever followed up with us, so we asked again. This time we were told they would check and see what the last staff person had discussed with “reservations“ and they would get back to us. Again, no one got back to us.

We also asked for a taxi to take us to a friends house and gave the staff the address. We explained we needed someone who understood English and could take us to a bakery before hand to pick up a dessert. The staff at the hotel assured us they could arrange all of this. However, the taxi driver who arrived did not speak any English. He also did not bring us to a bakery. Instead, he tried to bring us to a grocery store to buy bread. In addition, he did not understand how to get to our friend’s house. He had me call her on the way there and spoke rudely to her demanding “details!” Luckily, she had a woman on staff who spoke creole and was able to communicate with him.

On the day we checked out, our daughters tried to order breakfast while my husband and I were finishing up packing up the room. Breakfast was included in our room rate. When we tried to collect them to leave for the airport after a half hour, they reported that no one had taken their order. My husband asked the staff about it and they claimed that they were just about to get to them.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Laura M
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Dear, We thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our guest house. We take note of your constructive comments. We would like to point out that the sheets were changed after 3 days, and we never had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms. The floor of our rooms are polished concrete which is a popular floor in Mauritius that is made of different colors. Our rooms are checked by the manager and I can certify that the floor, the bathroom ... are made every day. The doors do not stay open for a saving of energy for air conditioning. It is an environmental and ecological choice. Regarding the taxi, he did his best to find the address of your friends. Know that in Mauritius it is difficult for a taxi to find the exact place with an address. The streets are not always well indicated, that's why the driver to call your friends to find the street. Our teams asked if your daughters would like to take their breakfast and they didn't want eggs, crepe and pastries... You're sorry that your staying didn't get well. We apologize. Sincerely, the management

Reviewed 3 January 2019

I stayed for 6 nights. The rooms are clean but very basic, the floors could do with an update. There are no hooks to hang anything in the bathroom and there should be a chair provided in the bedroom. The breakfast service was slow and was not self service. It was an ordeal each morning as we were a party of 8. It was very basic , considering we were in a country full of tropical fruits, the fruits given was minimal. I got a burnt pancake only to be told it was not burnt. I could not eat it and I think I know when something is burnt!
We were on the ground floor so when you sat outside, it was not very private you could see and hear the traffic and smell the fumes. The location was good for the bus and the beach, however I would not stay there again. I don't believe it was value for money, the drinks and food was expensive for this style of motel, I expected more for the price we paid.

Room tip: If boundary here choose a room in the upper floor
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank suzlindor
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Dear suzlindor , Thank you for this nice return after your stay in Toparadis. Concerning our card, I allow myself to assure you dear Jessica that we are aligned on the tariffs, close to things. We offer quality dishes at very competitive prices compared to other establishments of the same category. Your constructive comments will help us improve. We are studying a way to make the room where you were. We would be happy to see you again. Sincerely, Aurore

Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

Great location, clean room, and nice pool/ lounge area. The ocean access is just across the street. The only complaints I had was the drinks are terribly overpriced and the rooms on the bottom floor make you feel like you’re in a basement!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear GregD7203, Thank you for taking the time to put a comment on your stay. I am delighted to read that you liked the room, the pool and the environment of the establishment. I do not understand your comment on our room on the ground floor knowing that there is a large bay window and a window in the bathroom. I hope to see you again in Toparadis. Sincerely, Aurore