Lowest prices for your stay
$88
Priceline
$90
Agoda.com
$78
Expedia.com$92
Hotels.com$92
Trip.com$113
All reviews hustle and bustle beautiful beach main beach rooms are comfortable whole team pool area mauritius apartment
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the family suite for 5 nights in late January/early Feb. When we were let into the room, the smell of mildew hit us like a punch in the nose. It was no surprise since the room was like a cement bunker.

For some strange reason, the suite was designed with doors that did not stay open in any configuration except when we jammed heavy luggage in front of them. In addition, the windows did not open to allow any real flow of air throughout the suite. Instead they were just small slats that opened sideways.

Another strange design feature was that both bedrooms did not have closets. Instead, there were wardrobes in the hallway and living room of the suite. This made changing and getting ready inconvenient especially with the constantly heavy closing doors.

On top of that, the suite was dirty. The floors were not cleaned well. The first day we were there, the housekeeping staff left a dirty rag on a coffee table in the living room and did not clear away dirty utensils and a tea cup. In addition, they did not change the sheets the entire time we were there and they did not replace towels.

After one night, we asked the staff on duty for a new room explaining the problem with the smell and dampness. We were told they had to speak to “reservations”. No one ever followed up with us, so we asked again. This time we were told they would check and see what the last staff person had discussed with “reservations“ and they would get back to us. Again, no one got back to us.

We also asked for a taxi to take us to a friends house and gave the staff the address. We explained we needed someone who understood English and could take us to a bakery before hand to pick up a dessert. The staff at the hotel assured us they could arrange all of this. However, the taxi driver who arrived did not speak any English. He also did not bring us to a bakery. Instead, he tried to bring us to a grocery store to buy bread. In addition, he did not understand how to get to our friend’s house. He had me call her on the way there and spoke rudely to her demanding “details!” Luckily, she had a woman on staff who spoke creole and was able to communicate with him.

On the day we checked out, our daughters tried to order breakfast while my husband and I were finishing up packing up the room. Breakfast was included in our room rate. When we tried to collect them to leave for the airport after a half hour, they reported that no one had taken their order. My husband asked the staff about it and they claimed that they were just about to get to them.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Laura M
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Dear, We thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our guest house. We take note of your constructive comments. We would like to point out that the sheets were changed after 3 days, and we never had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms. The floor of our rooms are polished concrete which is a popular floor in Mauritius that is made of different colors. Our rooms are checked by the manager and I can certify that the floor, the bathroom ... are made every day. The doors do not stay open for a saving of energy for air conditioning. It is an environmental and ecological choice. Regarding the taxi, he did his best to find the address of your friends. Know that in Mauritius it is difficult for a taxi to find the exact place with an address. The streets are not always well indicated, that's why the driver to call your friends to find the street. Our teams asked if your daughters would like to take their breakfast and they didn't want eggs, crepe and pastries... You're sorry that your staying didn't get well. We apologize. Sincerely, the management

Reviewed 3 January 2019

I stayed for 6 nights. The rooms are clean but very basic, the floors could do with an update. There are no hooks to hang anything in the bathroom and there should be a chair provided in the bedroom. The breakfast service was slow and was not self service. It was an ordeal each morning as we were a party of 8. It was very basic , considering we were in a country full of tropical fruits, the fruits given was minimal. I got a burnt pancake only to be told it was not burnt. I could not eat it and I think I know when something is burnt!
We were on the ground floor so when you sat outside, it was not very private you could see and hear the traffic and smell the fumes. The location was good for the bus and the beach, however I would not stay there again. I don't believe it was value for money, the drinks and food was expensive for this style of motel, I expected more for the price we paid.

Room tip: If boundary here choose a room in the upper floor
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank suzlindor
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Dear suzlindor , Thank you for this nice return after your stay in Toparadis. Concerning our card, I allow myself to assure you dear Jessica that we are aligned on the tariffs, close to things. We offer quality dishes at very competitive prices compared to other establishments of the same category. Your constructive comments will help us improve. We are studying a way to make the room where you were. We would be happy to see you again. Sincerely, Aurore

Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

Great location, clean room, and nice pool/ lounge area. The ocean access is just across the street. The only complaints I had was the drinks are terribly overpriced and the rooms on the bottom floor make you feel like you’re in a basement!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear GregD7203, Thank you for taking the time to put a comment on your stay. I am delighted to read that you liked the room, the pool and the environment of the establishment. I do not understand your comment on our room on the ground floor knowing that there is a large bay window and a window in the bathroom. I hope to see you again in Toparadis. Sincerely, Aurore

Reviewed 2 December 2018

What to say about Toparadis? Simply the top in Pereybere! We spent there 11 wonderful days and all we regret is just that we had to come back :)
Our room was really comfortable, especially considering we had a kid: it included two bedrooms, a small place where we could put luggage and other stuff, and a large bathroom. There's a nice swimming pool where you can relax, and the atmosphere of the environment is nice and pleasant. You just have to cross the road to reach a beautiful beach, and you are provided with umbrellas, towels, toys for kids, if you want. We loved that beach: for the sand, for the landscape, for the colour of the sea. If you go snorkelling you may also find a lot of fishes, and if you are lucky enough even sea turtles. Just take into account that some parts of the beach are private, because they belong to the houses' owners.
One of the top is the staff: we have been treated so friendly and we felt like home thanks to Aurore and all the guys who did their best to make us feel comfortable - we miss them all!
If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Mauritius we strongly recommend Toparadis and its excellent restaurant, on of the best we ever tried in all the island.

Room tip: The rooms on the first floor seem to be better
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2018

Dear Roberto,

It is with great pleasure that we have read your comment and we thank you for sharing it on our TripAdvisor page. Our vocation is to make your stay as pleasant as possible, your comments encourage us and are a real source of motivation for our employees and it is with great pride that I will share them.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for another wonderful experience.

Best regards,
Lynda from Aurore

Reviewed 24 November 2018

Just spent a week in this lovely guest house, although I feel it's more of a boutique hotel. We were room only. We had a standard room with a nice balcony. It wasn't particularly large but you shouldn't be in your room much in Mauritius! The bed however was large and comfy and the room was adequately equipped with safe, kettle, tv and fridge - perfect for chilling the beers to take across the road to the beach late pm!! The bathroom was large with a big walk in shower. The pool was lovely and warm. We ate in the hotel twice although as my hubby's a vegetarian there was only a tomato pasta option or salad for him. The chef kindly offered to do a creamy mushroom pasta for him which was delicious and as I enjoyed the fish so much (white tuna) we ate here the second time. Location wise, directly opposite is a path to a small beach and you can walk along the coast into Perybere and the main beach. Or it's literally 10 mins along the road (a great supermarket 5 min walk away is on route). Just a couple of minutes to the right up the road there's another path that leads to another beach. We loved these local beaches the most from any others we visited as they were so much quieter and you can wander along the different coves. The sea is an amazing blue. There's a wonderful Indian 2/3 minutes walk on the same side as the hotel and the opposite direction there's a couple of restaurants on the way into Perybere. Although Perybere is very close distance wise, it's a bit dark and unlit in parts, there really should be more lights, obviously nothing to do with this guest house. I'd suggest a taxi at night unless there's a group of you as we were warned not to walk in quiet places at night. It's a shame the buses stop at 7pm as there's a stop right outside! I'd stay here again, particularly if you're wanting a quiet, laid back relaxing stay. The staff are friendly and we enjoyed one of the young chap's magic tricks if we were having an evening beer. I'd emailed to request a top floor room and also an early check in and they kindly obliged. I'd stay here again for sure, although we usually like to visit the bars in an evening it suited us perfectly for a relaxing break and we didn't even bother going into Grand Baie as we'd originally intended.

Room tip: any would be fine
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Mrs

Thank you for sharing such positive comments with us.
We are truly delighted that your stay with us has lived up to your expectations. Your satisfaction rewards all the efforts made by our employees in order to always offer a high quality of service. Be sure that we will be happy to give you the same attention and kindness on your next visit.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon to Toparadis.

Best regards,