Lowest prices for your stay
$125
$147
Vio.com
$112
Hotels.com$147
Priceline$152
Travelocity$147
All reviews hustle and bustle beautiful beach main beach rooms are comfortable whole team pool area mauritius apartment
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2019

I stayed for 6 nights. The rooms are clean but very basic, the floors could do with an update. There are no hooks to hang anything in the bathroom and there should be a chair provided in the bedroom. The breakfast service was slow and was not self service. It was an ordeal each morning as we were a party of 8. It was very basic , considering we were in a country full of tropical fruits, the fruits given was minimal. I got a burnt pancake only to be told it was not burnt. I could not eat it and I think I know when something is burnt!
We were on the ground floor so when you sat outside, it was not very private you could see and hear the traffic and smell the fumes. The location was good for the bus and the beach, however I would not stay there again. I don't believe it was value for money, the drinks and food was expensive for this style of motel, I expected more for the price we paid.

Room tip: If boundary here choose a room in the upper floor
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank suzlindor
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Dear suzlindor , Thank you for this nice return after your stay in Toparadis. Concerning our card, I allow myself to assure you dear Jessica that we are aligned on the tariffs, close to things. We offer quality dishes at very competitive prices compared to other establishments of the same category. Your constructive comments will help us improve. We are studying a way to make the room where you were. We would be happy to see you again. Sincerely, Aurore

Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

Great location, clean room, and nice pool/ lounge area. The ocean access is just across the street. The only complaints I had was the drinks are terribly overpriced and the rooms on the bottom floor make you feel like you’re in a basement!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear GregD7203, Thank you for taking the time to put a comment on your stay. I am delighted to read that you liked the room, the pool and the environment of the establishment. I do not understand your comment on our room on the ground floor knowing that there is a large bay window and a window in the bathroom. I hope to see you again in Toparadis. Sincerely, Aurore

Reviewed 2 December 2018

What to say about Toparadis? Simply the top in Pereybere! We spent there 11 wonderful days and all we regret is just that we had to come back :)
Our room was really comfortable, especially considering we had a kid: it included two bedrooms, a small place where we could put luggage and other stuff, and a large bathroom. There's a nice swimming pool where you can relax, and the atmosphere of the environment is nice and pleasant. You just have to cross the road to reach a beautiful beach, and you are provided with umbrellas, towels, toys for kids, if you want. We loved that beach: for the sand, for the landscape, for the colour of the sea. If you go snorkelling you may also find a lot of fishes, and if you are lucky enough even sea turtles. Just take into account that some parts of the beach are private, because they belong to the houses' owners.
One of the top is the staff: we have been treated so friendly and we felt like home thanks to Aurore and all the guys who did their best to make us feel comfortable - we miss them all!
If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Mauritius we strongly recommend Toparadis and its excellent restaurant, on of the best we ever tried in all the island.

Room tip: The rooms on the first floor seem to be better
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2018

Dear Roberto,

It is with great pleasure that we have read your comment and we thank you for sharing it on our TripAdvisor page. Our vocation is to make your stay as pleasant as possible, your comments encourage us and are a real source of motivation for our employees and it is with great pride that I will share them.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for another wonderful experience.

Best regards,
Lynda from Aurore

Reviewed 24 November 2018

Just spent a week in this lovely guest house, although I feel it's more of a boutique hotel. We were room only. We had a standard room with a nice balcony. It wasn't particularly large but you shouldn't be in your room much in Mauritius! The bed however was large and comfy and the room was adequately equipped with safe, kettle, tv and fridge - perfect for chilling the beers to take across the road to the beach late pm!! The bathroom was large with a big walk in shower. The pool was lovely and warm. We ate in the hotel twice although as my hubby's a vegetarian there was only a tomato pasta option or salad for him. The chef kindly offered to do a creamy mushroom pasta for him which was delicious and as I enjoyed the fish so much (white tuna) we ate here the second time. Location wise, directly opposite is a path to a small beach and you can walk along the coast into Perybere and the main beach. Or it's literally 10 mins along the road (a great supermarket 5 min walk away is on route). Just a couple of minutes to the right up the road there's another path that leads to another beach. We loved these local beaches the most from any others we visited as they were so much quieter and you can wander along the different coves. The sea is an amazing blue. There's a wonderful Indian 2/3 minutes walk on the same side as the hotel and the opposite direction there's a couple of restaurants on the way into Perybere. Although Perybere is very close distance wise, it's a bit dark and unlit in parts, there really should be more lights, obviously nothing to do with this guest house. I'd suggest a taxi at night unless there's a group of you as we were warned not to walk in quiet places at night. It's a shame the buses stop at 7pm as there's a stop right outside! I'd stay here again, particularly if you're wanting a quiet, laid back relaxing stay. The staff are friendly and we enjoyed one of the young chap's magic tricks if we were having an evening beer. I'd emailed to request a top floor room and also an early check in and they kindly obliged. I'd stay here again for sure, although we usually like to visit the bars in an evening it suited us perfectly for a relaxing break and we didn't even bother going into Grand Baie as we'd originally intended.

Room tip: any would be fine
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Mrs

Thank you for sharing such positive comments with us.
We are truly delighted that your stay with us has lived up to your expectations. Your satisfaction rewards all the efforts made by our employees in order to always offer a high quality of service. Be sure that we will be happy to give you the same attention and kindness on your next visit.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon to Toparadis.

Best regards,
Lynda from Aurore

Reviewed 18 November 2018

Dear management and staff,
I am sure you care about the best service to be provided. First of all, let me thank you for having me and my wife at your guesthouse for 9 nights (not sure why guesthouse, I will call it "hotel" :) ). Small welcome drink was very pleasant way how to cheer us. The best was apartment which you gave us - we had the family apartment, with two bedrooms and one living room, and terrace. We enjoyed so much space a lot. As the hotel is quite new (I understood it has 1 year), it was seen on the premises and room - everything in very good condition, nice pool and the area of hotel somehow tranquil.
Dinner was very good as well, Thank you.
One more thing makes this hotel special - the beach. I do nto fear to say it is one of best beaches in the island - it is very small, but hidden as not many people go there. Sand is great there and snorchling options are amazing, you do not even need a guide and you have plenty of coral very close to the shore. Watching sunsets was perfect as well. Just need to cross busy street to get to the beach.

As I am sure you care about improvement, here are some ideas and thoughts.
1. My wife is on gluten-free diet. We contacted you weeks upfront if it is possible to have gluten free options at breakfast for her. The response was positive - yes it is possible and it will be taken care of. It was acknowledged upon our arrival as well. The first breakfast contained hot gluten-free bread (tasty), plain yogurt, fruit. There was option for cereals - rice crispies. Day after day, rice crispies were gone, not ordered new ones, plain yogurt was gone (4 days to get it) - the fruit yogurt has traces of gluten. Bread was replaced by doughnut, but also that one was gone.. At the end of our stay, my wife brought almost completely own breakfast to the table, using only jam, butter and fruit provided by hotel. For (give or take) 130 EUR per night and promise it will be taken care, I would await something better. We were hearing only answers "we do not have, sorry".
And please, think of providing more than one small glass of juice. In different hotels, it is my favorite part of breakfast - to drink a lot of different juices.
2. please instruct your colleagues (especially men) to not whisper and speak loudly, and smile a little - really, I needed a little smile Indian girl working there with them could be an inspiration for them.
3. room cleaning - it might be only my feeling, but already at 9am I could see ladies (smiling, very nice) cleaning room near the pool. When going around an hour later, still in that same room. And then usually we met with ladies in our apartment at 1-2pm, where they spent 10-15 minutes cleaning - so fast probably because they wanted to keep us alone. I believe an improvement could be done in cleaning performance - visible already in shower, where only after one year of hotel standing, one could see minor shortcomings (e.g. rust under the shower).
4. not that much your fault, but our (great) apartment was not facing the pool side, but other side - neighbors. They had AC next to the window of one bedroom. AC was running 24/7 and we had to move to different bedroom (perfect we had it). But if I imagine family of 4 people in the apartment, two of them would be grumpy the whole stay because of no qualitative sleep. Maybe better windows would make it?
5. please, please replace the string-bed with different one. strings are horrible to sleep on.

First days, we were extremely happy with our accommodation, location and everything. If we stayed more than 9 days, the rating would go down even more. A lot could have been saved by employees - a bit of professionalism, louder, more confident voice and being able to solve situations with head on, smile and passion! (e.g. if a person asks fourth day for plain yogurt, go to shop and just buy one, it is not too much to ask!). ... and smile.

Thanks

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank absolut2
AuroreB1009, Directeur général at Toparadis guest house & restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Dear absolut2,

We thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your visit with us. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay in Toparadis. We are really sorry for the concern about your wife's diet, our provider did not deliver. When the manager was made aware it was too late to satisfy you. The last day we tried to catch up. For our maids you saw that they put 1H30 because it was a customer departure, the customers are satisfied with their work. We take into account your comments in order to improve ourselves. We would be happy to see you again. Sincerely, Aurore.