See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Awful,filthy,expensive AND small.
We cannot agree with all your references are all reasonable!
If you go on other sites the references are terrible.
Also the pictures of the Apartments seem 3 times the size very misleading.

This Accommodation reflects on you!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I turned up to the piano hostel after a long journey to Bergen. It does not have a reception desk (they email you a code for the door) or lockers outside of rooms so I was unable to leave my bags anywhere and go explore until my bed was "ready". I tried to contact owners through details on booking.com but got no reply. The kitchen/common area was tiny and extremely dirty. There didn't appear to be any windows in there and it was smelly and stuffy. The bedrooms and bathrooms were also very unclean. This place is extremely expensive for what it is.

I didn't stay long even though I had already been charged I moved across the road which was cheaper, clean and the staff we're very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Arrived in Bergen under the cold rain without code for opening the door, because we didn't receive any e-mail. It has been not comfortable to use their poor WiFi connection from the outside to ask for the code.
The room was freezing: open window and the small electric heater was not even powered.
The bathroom was not really clean (especially the shower cabin).
I understand that hotel prices in Bergen are not so cheap, but for 75€ for a night we were expecting some more.
One positive aspect is its closeness to the city centre: you are pretty much there!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I chose a female 4-bed dorm and ended up in a mixed 10-bed dorm. It turned out that I wasnt the only one with this problem-2 girls had the same problem as me. Also I had to search for my bed for a long time since there was already a person sleeping in it. The toilet was nasty.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Piano Hostel was the only thing available left in Bergen when I booked. It is quite expensive for what you get! There is no reception and while I had no problems getting in and finding my bed, a lot of people did not receive the email with directions on how to enter the hostel (self-service hostel). There are only 2 bathrooms for 20 people in the dorms and the hostel overall is cramped with only a small kitchen common area. Stay somewhere else if possible! Location is great though.

Date of stay: August 2016