All reviewsfront desk staffroom was cleanminute walkfish markettrain stationelevatorfloor
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Really liked this hotel which is located within a shopping mall. It doesn’t offer breakfast so it’s basic in that regards but you couldn’t get a better location. Clean, friendly receptionists located on 2nd floor of shopping mall. Price very reasonable for Bergen. It’s only 50 yds from light rail final stop and located near bus stops also. When checking out they give you another Magic hotel to leave your bags - only 1 min away in another shopping mall!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Within easy walking distance of the train station. On arrival the door was locked, the phone number was not answered... not good enough, maybe it was a Sunday but it was only 3pm!!! 7 people all with luggage left on the footpath in the rain... not a good start. Reception eventually was contacted & booked us in. The rooms are very modern decor, funky & functional. The trek to the 5th floor room was via the shopping centre, not open on Sunday afternoon. The bedding is comfortable with tv & free wifi. No breakfast provided but cafes nearby. Not suitable for mobility impaired or children.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

When you advertise ‘AIR CONDITIONING’ and charge $200+ a night, you expect air conditioning, especially on 30’C days.

The room was absolutely boiling hot even though we left our ‘air conditioning’ on as cold as possible ALL DAY. By the time we got back to the room, it was hotter than when we left. There was ABSOLUTELY NO, and I mean NO COLD AIR what so ever coming out of the vent.

The staff are nice and the rooms are clean but for the price you pay and when they say air conditioning, you expect it. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad L
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Arriving in Bergen after a 7 hour train ride from Oslo, I had made my way to a Hotel (not this Hotel) I had booked on line, only to find that my room was absolutely terrible, the room was tiny, single bed, unclean and very dirty, basin in the ensuit was falling off the wall, the lock on the door was inoperable. My room was on the 5th floor, the elevator only went to the 4th floor.........you get the picture.
I decided pretty quickly that I would search for another Hotel, TripAdvisor located the Magic Hotel Xhibition. After making my way across, I explained my situation to the Hotel reception, Christopher could not have been any more helpful, he was very polite and very efficient. He found me a room and at a good price. I spent 4 nights at the Hotel Xhibition and was very impressed. The rooms were very comfortable, very clean and tidy and all hotel Staff were extremely helpful and very professional. The Hotel has a Supermarket in the basement area and a full range of specialty shops, coffee shops and also a chemist on the premises. Very central to the Bryggen area, only a 5 minute walk away.
Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: All Hotel rooms are on the Western side of the building over two floors
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Magic Hotel Xhibition for 3 nights. I arrived early from the airport after a long travel. When I asked if there could be a chance to check in early the staff were super service minded and allowed me to check in around noon, even though the check in time is 3pm.

The room I got was not very clean; lots of hair in the bathroom, fingermarks and dusty surfaces. The floor heating in the bathroom did not work.

The next morning I told the staff about the floor heating and they immediately explored the option to find another room for me. Great customer service! The new room I got was much better; a bit cleaner and the bathroom floor heating worked the way it should.

If you want to stay downtown, close to the main square and right by the light rail stop this is a very good choice. On top of the great location you will most likely meet friendly staff which will work hard to provide you with a high level of customer service to ensure that you are taken well care of when you stay there.

I recommend this hotel! The only thing I have to say is that the overall quality of cleaning would need to be addressed, other than that - you cannot go wrong booking your stay at Magic Hotel Exhibition.

Thank you.