All reviews bass minute walk street noise fish market front desk staff room was clean train station bryggen norway
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Our late arrival, 1am in morning due to flight delays was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Fortunately we were shown to our room otherwise we might still be looking for it. It was very modern, clean but "miniscule" with nowhere to put your clothes. The wardrobe was an alcove 600mm wide with a rail and 4 hangers. Our clothes spent the 6 days we stayed in there cases on floor. Unfortunately our visit coincided with "Freshers" week at the University of Bergen and we had two sleepless nights due the the nightclub. However we can't really complain as the nightclub preceded the hotel but we did ask if the bass could be reduced.

The hotel is centrally based within a shopping complex near the Fish Market and Bryggen, the old wharf of Bergen. The funicular to Mt Fløyen is nearby and definitely worth a visit weather permitting.

Our visit was purely personal as our latest granddaughter had just been born locally in Bergen. We had our mind other things but the hotel would not be our choice on another visit.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The disco / night club on 4th floor is very noisy until two in the morning. Sounded like it was directly under the my bed in 6th floor. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and we had a nice bathroom. No breakfast included or available in the building.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Without any doubt this is the worse hotel I have ever stayed at in 49 years of business travel. If you like your hotel to be noisy, unpractical, no where to store your belongings, no where to plug in your laptop or phone, no kettle, no where to put your toiletries and to be above a disco that is so loud that you can feel the vibration then this is the place to be. It's just nearly midnight and I feel like phoning the police to arrest me and throw me in jail just so I can sleep !!
I talked to reception earlier that is situated on the second floor of a shopping centre to no avail.

If this is a trendy boutique style hotel then I would rather get myself a cardboard box and sleep outside next to Olav the Bergen wanderer !

One should be warned that this is a nightmare and anyone over the age of 21 should not be allowed to stay !!

I will try desperately to move in the morning to a proper hotel even if we can't cancel this room Better to pay again then put up with this !!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ctoneman
MonicaSMagichotels, Daglig leder at Magic Hotel Xhibition, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear ctoneman,

Thank you very much for your review and comments regarding our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you found our hotel unpractical and we will use your comments to find improvements of our rooms when it comes to your different point of views. Thank you for high-lighting this to us.

With regards to the night club on the 4th floor, we are aware that this can sometimes be disturbing for some of ours rooms, and we will do our outmost to communicate this better to the different booking web sites for guest information. We are situated in the inner city hub with lots of bars and restaurants, so there will always be a risk to have some noice when staying in the inner city centre. In addition there has been a special homecoming student event this entire week which has been affecting the entire city with extra noise every night. I am afraid this is totally out of our control.

I will be more than happy to communicate with you directly if there is anything I can do for you. The hotel will forward any request to me.

Warm regards.
Magic Hotel Xhibition
Monica E. Selvik

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed here for two uncomfortable nights-August 14-16,2017.
My three main complaints are the noise, the dirt in the room,and the dismal customer service.

The hotel is located in a shopping mall,and the rooms on the 5th floor are directly above a night club.
Both nights there was deafeningly loud music playing until the early hours of the morning.Not even noise cancelling earphones could block out the racket from the rooms.

I also asked them explicitly to clean my room,and when leaving the room in the morning I put the sign outside the door that reads,'Please make up my room,' and no one bothered to clean my room.
When I informed the lady at the front desk,she said that the room would be cleaned the following day,when I'd have already checked out.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.The room was noisy and dirty,and the customer service when I complained was dismal.

Room tip: Don't stay at the hotel if you want a quiet and clean room.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gathoni M

Dear Gathoni M,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to give us your honest feedback.

I am very sorry that you have had an uncomfortable stay. We are aware of that the night club can be disturbing for some of our rooms, and during your stay there was a yearly event for the student at the club and also in various places in the city. The noise for night club is however, normally only an issue during weekends. I am afraid this can be experienced in numerous hotels in Bergen due to that the inner city is very lively and vibrant.

I am very concerned that you experienced a bad housekeeping and customer service, and I can promise you that I will have full attention to the matter.

Kind regards
Magic Hotel Xhibition
Monica E. Selvik

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This Hotel is HORRIBLE!!! I cannot sleep.. Because it is at 5th floor and at 4th floor there is a disco .... But why??? I have to sleep or dance? The hotel do not have the Phone inside the room... I cannot believe at all....

Trip type: Travelled with friends