All reviews nice hotel renovated room fantastic breakfast omelet free weights nice selection norwegian hotels late check room facing breakfast buffet central location nice room reception area train station single room nice staff family room
Reviewed 18 September 2018

The hotel is modern in an old building. The staff is friendly and the check inn process were effective. Nice and clean rooms. The breakfast is one of the best for hotels in this area, really recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lena Kristine H, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Hotel Ernst, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear arnebirkeland!

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing us for your trip to Kristiansand.

Welcome back!

Mvh, Lena Kristine
Welcome Office Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Had a short-stay here for one night in September while attending a festival. My room was pre-ordered and paid by the festival, so I have no idea about the price. Great lobby area and smooth check-in. My room was on the second floor and was reasonably spacious for a single room, with a queen-size bed, a desk for work and a reasonably comfy chair. Bahtroom was spacious, too.

Breakfast was great and not to crowded when I attended, as I can see some comment on. There is also a bar/restaurant in the lobby area and a lot of old-fashioned seating groups that looks great. The city centre of Kristiansand is small, which means there is a short walk to most attractions.

All in all this is a good hotel that I will definitely consider if I should visit the city on my own account. Nothing extraordinary, but seems to work well. The strangest thing I saw during my stay was that a bottle of red wine in the minibar was located in the fridge.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Arvehj!

Thank you for your review!
We appreciate that you took the time to write about your stay with us.
The reviews means so much to us, we can only be better.

Welcome back to us!

Mvh, Lena Kristine
Welcome Office Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night for business. Very swanky hotel, modern touches in old building.

Great service and friendly staff.

Good choice for breakfast.

Very happy to stay here again.
Close to town centre and harbour so walking distance for everyone. Lots of restaurants very close by.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Staying for 2 nights in a quadruple room with bunk beds; the latter a bit to my surprise as this was not shown when booked - however the kids were happy. Renovated room but bathroom could need an upgrade. Nice amenities. One bathroom bulb was out and when asked for fixing in reception, I was told they could do it tomorrow (too late, as then we have checked out!). Lovely lobby. Big selection of breakfast - too short staffed, as waiters has problems cleaning and laying the tables quickly enough. Overall, pleasant stay and I would come back. Centrally located and close to shopping street (shops are closed on Sundays). Easy to get to the airport from public bus stop 5 minutes away; 50 NOK per person for one-way.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

An old fashioned stylish hotel in the middle of downtown. Nice attendance by receptionist but unfortunately out of parking so had to take my car to a nearby parking house. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled on business